CDC using unethical method to calculate Covid-19 mortality rate, not the same as they use for flu

Regulations had nothing to do with it. We could of used the WHO tests like other countries from day 1 but the CDC refused to allow any other test than the flawed one they developed

That’s not true in all countries, many do have widespread testing beyond serious cases.

List at least say ten of them and provide documentation.

There was a weeks difference in fielding the two.

Perhaps you can send an email to Dr Birx to confirm or refute the content in your post.

Not true. To this day we still don’t have an adequate number of CDC tests being conducted

Then don’t watch them, according to talk radio no one does anyway.

Horse hockey. Every aspect of testing requires FDA and/or CDC approvals from development to fielding to processing of the tests as well as certification of the labs.

1 Like

Yes it is true. I think it was 9 days

1 Like

And be specific?

Get some rest.

1 Like

I knew you couldn’t support the claim but Thainks for removing all doubt

As of right now the CDC is reporting 7,038 known cases and 97 known deaths on their website.

That is a 1.38% mortality rate.

2 Likes

I honestly think that Singapore was a huge eye opener for me. A country with a population of over 5k per km2 compared to 90 per km2 in the US. You would think that they would be wrecked but they used the WHO testing and had the best curve seen. South Korea used WHO tests and had similar results.

Both have a significantly higher population density than the US but they did well. We should strive to emulate what they did and that means using existing testing that has proven to be effective.

2 Likes

The who and CDC created their tests concurrently

Yes, you now understand that I am agreeing with you. :grin:

We aren’t seeing the whole picture as to who is being infected yet we use the numbers we have to reflect overall mortality. Which is inaccurate. But so is the flu. Not everyone who gets the flu reports it, so we have to guess how many got it to estimate the mortality rate. If you’re hospitalized with the flu your mortality rate is significantly higher than .01%, if you are over 80 your mortality rate is significantly higher than .01%.

They have effectively mass produced the WHO test in multiple countries, we haven’t had the same success with our test. The testing is going to become more and more of a factor in the coming 2 weeks, we need to get these out there now.

1 Like

Over 5 million have already been distributed

Your math is flawed…

60,000,000x
0.05%

= 30,000

2 Likes

Correct. I meant 0.5%. Fixed, thanks

1 Like

Yes. This is a big difference. But they have been clear on what it is and what it does and doesn’t mean, at least where I have seen it. They have made clear that if you get it that does not mean that is the chance you will die. Rather than their misrepresenting, I think its more others who run with the figure and they misrepresent what it means.
My guess is the difference may be that flu has a history to project the number of people who may have it and this virus has not such history.