Tracking the Coronavirus

Germany 29,056, 118 => 0.4%
Australia 1682, 7 => 0.4%

It must be a tic.

:man_shrugging:t3:

3/24/20. 9 am mountain.

Latest stats at 9:25 pm. (These numbers are actually from late last night but I thought I’d put 'em in. Pesumably the next update will be in a couple of hours.)

China 81,588. 3,281 dead. 4% rate
63,927. 6077. (Unchanged. They must have stopped reporting!))
USA 46,485 591 dead. 1.27%
Spain 39,673. 2,2696 dead. 6% rate
Germany 31,260. 132 dead. 0.4% rate
Iran. 24,811. 1934 dead. 7%
France. 20,149. 862 dead. 1.27%
South Korea. 9,037. 120 dead. 1.3% rate
Australia 2,044. 8 dead. 0.3%

Thanks for correction, Samm

1 Like

Latest stats are now available.

China 81,591. 3,281 dead. 4% rate
Italy 69,176. 6,820. 9%
USA 49,768 600 dead. 1.2%
Spain 39,676. 2,800 dead. 7% rate
Germany 31,676. 149 dead. 0.4% rate
Iran. 24,811. 1934 dead. 7%
France. 20,149. 862 dead. 1.27%
South Korea. 9,037. 120 dead. 1.3% rate
Australia 2,044. 8 dead. 0.3%

Latest stats as of 5 pm mountain

Not all countries reporting any changes but the US. We’ve jumped up from a little less than 50,000 to 53,268 cases.

Dead now at 696 (most in New York City, King, Washington and other places in New York)

1.3% rate.

I hope someone is keeping track of the spring breakers. Would be interesting to see how many of them come down with the virus.

No other country has jumped up as much as we have.

More cases…or probably just more testing.

As of right now, the CDC is reporting 44,183 known cases and 544 known deaths on their website.

That is a 1.23% known mortality rate.

9:44 pm mountain time, update.

Only a handful of countries with updates. Of those is the US.

55,041 confirmed cases, 790 dead.

1.4% rate.

Your source is 2 days behind.

This page will be updated regularly at noon Mondays through Fridays. Numbers close out at 4 p.m. the day before reporting.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

And does not report all cases, unlike Johns Hopkins

† CDC is no longer reporting the number of persons under investigation (PUIs) that have been tested, as well as PUIs that have tested negative. Now that states are testing and reporting their own results, CDC’s numbers are not representative of all testing being done nationwide.

The Johns Hopkins map sees to report every 8 hours or so.

Why is the world wide death rate substantially higher?

Because of the self-isolation/quarantine in effect in most States, we are entering a new stage regarding the data. Now, when a person is confirmed by testing to have COVID-19, they are usually sent home and ordered to quarantine. Everyone else in the household who is quarantined with them is almost certainly going to be infected, but they won’t be tested unless they become sick enough to require hospitalization. However, only confirmed cases are being counted, whereas every death of an infected individual (irrespective of what other cause may have contributed) is counted. I thought no it will be quite some time before we know the true mortality rate.

yeah. Numbers will be skewed.

But I think it’s interesting to keep track of the numbers, and interesting to note there’s only 10 or so countries that seem seriously affected. Although those other countries with less than a thousand cases may be underreporting.

Older populations? Not as good care?

I will be reporting what the CDC posts to their website. You take the John Hopkin’s route.

Could someone please share a link to the best tracker to look at individual states by county? I’ve searched a few times n not getting good links for that. Thank u n yall stay safe. :pray::mask:

This is the Johns Hopkins tracker: COVID-19 Map - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

If you want to do that, go for it.

Could you explain why you want to do that, though?

Think back to your military days. If you’re going in to enemy territory, would you want to know where the enemy was 2 days ago, or would you want to know where they are now?

In one year from now, the CDC will be cited for the numbers on this fiasco, not John Hopkins.

If you go to the Johns Hopkins website, which is updated every 8 hours or so, you can click on the dots and they’ll tell you what’s happening at that location.

You can also use the plus/minus signs at the far right of the map to zoom in on a particular area.

If you’re only interested in one specific county, just do a google search on the name of that county and coronavirus, and I expect there’ll be some source out there that will say. Just make sure you look for the date of the source to make sure it’s current.

1 Like

That’s a year from now.

Why would you not want to report on the most current stats, today?

These official stats are just fine as they are updated. It’s not a life and death situation for me to prefer John Hopkins over the CDC. They will all match up soon enough.

We will also have references in this forum to compare with the final determinations after everything is said and done.