Who's Setting The Agenda For The Democratic Party?

Obsession isn’t healthy.

It seems some still can’t give it up.

They can’t. That’s what Jan 6th is all about.

All that they know is they were told to hate Trump…so they do what they’re told.

2 Likes

You are correct and it is sad to think people will allow themselves to be controlled in this manner. I don’t know what they think they will get out of it.

Throughout history those same kind of people have committed unspeakable atrocities.

2 Likes

You call it long before realignment was even though of. Long before pundits even though let alone
talked about it.

Every election year (and probably every off year), “pundits” talk about realignment. What was your specific twist on it that made you prescient years ahead of the curve, beyond what anyone else was saying?

It’s easy to show if you’re correct on that one.

I do remember threads like this one from 2018, with a lot of drama. Everything was always “crashing down.” There was also a lot of “You’ll see!” It was before the Democrats took the house in '18 and Biden won in '20.: Libs world is crashing down around em

This forum goes back about 5 years now. You have my explicit permission to find an exchange between us re: this topic that demonstrates my colossal wrongness re:some actual prediction or specific claim of yours regarding realignment. Use me as an example; it shouldn’t be hard for you to demonstrate with specifics.

1 Like

Here you’re still claiming no evidence of realignment going on…still in denial Marge?

In fact still attempting to deflect Trump attention with your comment that Trump could have done more. That was the left entire point with Russia collusion hoax…one in which you parroted day after day after day.

Here is another attempt to deny any party realignment.

You still think you have stronghold over the working people? Borders? American security? Civil liberties? Freedom?..the “little” people? Science? education?

You’re losing in every category…every single category you’re losing the culture war, economic war and even global foreign interventionism/philosophy.

So I beg you Marge…don’t change. You’re/libs being in denial is greatest asset we have ATM.

2 Likes

What realignment, separate from the well-known one already long in process and described by countless others over the decades, did you predict? I still don’t know. You won’t tell me. You just keep calling it a “realignment.”

First of all, I 100% stand by the claim that Trump isn’t expanding his base. He won in 2016. He lost in 2020. If he runs in 2024, he probably loses—and also jams up the GOP nicely.

So I wrote:

Explain this realignment to me like I am a second-grader. You’ve been talking about it for years. You said it was happening when Trump won. You now say it’s happening when Trump and the GOP lost the House, Senate, and White House. Your realignment seems immune to external political realities

Asking for an explanation isn’t a denial. In fact, you’re highlighting the question I had, and I am still asking for an explanation with regard to any specific claims. You never would–even this posts you quoted support that point. All you’ve done is moved from You’ll see! to I told you so! without doing anything interesting in between.

For example, I kept asking you to be specific and you always responded with stuff like (from the exchange you cited):

Hows that parties realignment going on?

I might have taken longer on my prediction of democrat breaking up but all the signs are here now.

Sit back and enjoy and just remember who told it’s going to happen. :laughing:

Here’s part of the problem. You write:

You still think you have stronghold over the working people? Borders? American security? Civil liberties? Freedom?..the “little” people? Science? education?

I’ve never claimed that Democrats have a stronghold over the “working people,” that is: white working people. I wouldn’t have claimed that 20 years ago. They haven’t had it consistently in years, probably beginning with Nixon and the “Silent Majority.”. Here’s one reason why: a gradual process that took decades; the usual, oversimplified turning point for that (as I’ve always seen it) was Reagan in 1980 and 1984. Do you remember the term Reagan Democrat:

Any registered Democratic voter that broke ranks with the party and voted for the Republican Ronald Reagan in the 1980 and 1984 presidential elections. The Reagan Democrats constituted a significant voting bloc in those elections. The name continues to be used as subsequent Republican candidates have attempted, rather unsuccessfully, to retain these voters. The Reagan Democrats have been characterized generally as “blue-collar” and “working class,” and include a strong ethnic and Catholic component. LINK

That was a realignment. To the degree that you made any actual specific claims about realignment (and not just saying “Wait and see!”), at least in your exchanges with me, they were all just extensions of a well-known long-term historical trend.

See Thomas Frank, who wrote What’s the Matter with Kansas? one of the main books about that:

Also:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203804204577016284178559556

And then there’s this last thing:

my prediction of democrat breaking up

It didn’t “break up.” It won the House in 2018, the Senate in 2020, and the presidency in 2020. They might lose the House and Senate in 2022, but that’s conventional wisdom well within the bounds of historical precedent, not “realignment.” Predicting the breakup of a better that two years later controls and House, Senate, and White House doesn’t seem like a useful or correct prediction.

So, again, what realignment are you referring to? Because if it’s: Wow, the white working class votes Republican, I am not sure how that’s particularly prescient. We’ve known that for a long time. Or was there some other component to it that I missed, or that we didn’t discuss?

1 Like

Actually Marge…I hope millions of other libs are in same denial…I really do.

Only thing…And I mean only thing you have going for yourself is that repugs are shooting themselves in the foot.

they’re not out there canvassing Latinos, Asian and Black vote. They still hold disdain for working man and they’re still selling out to China and other foreign powers…like the Europeans.

At the end of the day…it will be them that saves libs sorry asses.

Now go post more left-wing articles since you can’t form your own views and opinions. …oh and continue pushing China policies onto American people…and and perverting American children.

2 Likes

And I might add…you barely won the house and senate with 82/84 million lib voters?

Think long and hard on that one Marge.

2 Likes

You still can’t seem to answer the question.

You claim to have predicted a “realignment,” but you never—at least in exchanges with me—got much beyond rumbling about the (white) working class. If that’s the realignment, fine, but it’s well-known and decades ago old.

If that’s not the shift you’re referring to, let’s make it super-clear and easy to express:

Over the last 7 years, Conan predicted a realignment of _________ to _______.

What goes in the blanks?

you seem to be good at hitting code words…White working class etc

Maybe Marge you own bias and prejudiced is getting in your way.

You think your party own the working people? minorities? global influence? American politics? You did for long time…hell we still have repugs caving into libs even now.

Either way that realignment when finish it won’t be democrats in drivers seat any longer. You had a good run…since FDR.

2 Likes

Also: You seem to think I’m confident or optimistic about the Democratic Party. I’m not. I don’t recall having ever been. I think it’s a mess.

You do not see the changing dynamics of political landscape? There has been a major shift if you haven’t noticed.

Final outcome is still questionable…not but what libs are doing but more like what repugs are falling to do.

They might be the ones that save your ass IMO.

1 Like

No, that run ended long, long ago. The New Deal
Coalition crashed in the 1960s and 1970s. I grew up as a conservative in the 1980s and early 90s: 12 straight years of a GOP White House seemed normal to me. The Reagan Revolution. My own family is full of Reagan Democrats.

And again, can you tell me what your prediction was:

You predicted a realignment of ______ from ______to ______.

What goes in the blanks?

I see lots of changing dynamics everywhere. Who would dispute that? But that’s not your claim: you say a “major shift” has occurred.

All I’m asking is for you to identify in your view [who, specifically] shifted from [previous circumstances] to [current circumstances.]

Why is this hard?

Blue collar working men? My God girl having you been listening/reading?

Not only did I know when it was ripe…I predicted were. I first mention it when Romney was running.

Sadly I think social conservatives with their stupid ass pick like Dr Oz etc are going to hand it right back to democrats.

So it’s nothing lib done to earn them back.

So consider your party lucky.

It has Marge. Why do YOU think democrats are running scare? Biden dementia?

Biden isn’t running the country.

2 Likes

But thats not new or prescient: it’s common knowledge. it’s part of the same historical phenomenon we’ve seen for decades; who disputes it?