Who's Setting The Agenda For The Democratic Party?

You still can’t seem to answer the question.

You claim to have predicted a “realignment,” but you never—at least in exchanges with me—got much beyond rumbling about the (white) working class. If that’s the realignment, fine, but it’s well-known and decades ago old.

If that’s not the shift you’re referring to, let’s make it super-clear and easy to express:

Over the last 7 years, Conan predicted a realignment of _________ to _______.

What goes in the blanks?

you seem to be good at hitting code words…White working class etc

Maybe Marge you own bias and prejudiced is getting in your way.

You think your party own the working people? minorities? global influence? American politics? You did for long time…hell we still have repugs caving into libs even now.

Either way that realignment when finish it won’t be democrats in drivers seat any longer. You had a good run…since FDR.

2 Likes

Also: You seem to think I’m confident or optimistic about the Democratic Party. I’m not. I don’t recall having ever been. I think it’s a mess.

You do not see the changing dynamics of political landscape? There has been a major shift if you haven’t noticed.

Final outcome is still questionable…not but what libs are doing but more like what repugs are falling to do.

They might be the ones that save your ass IMO.

1 Like

No, that run ended long, long ago. The New Deal
Coalition crashed in the 1960s and 1970s. I grew up as a conservative in the 1980s and early 90s: 12 straight years of a GOP White House seemed normal to me. The Reagan Revolution. My own family is full of Reagan Democrats.

And again, can you tell me what your prediction was:

You predicted a realignment of ______ from ______to ______.

What goes in the blanks?

I see lots of changing dynamics everywhere. Who would dispute that? But that’s not your claim: you say a “major shift” has occurred.

All I’m asking is for you to identify in your view [who, specifically] shifted from [previous circumstances] to [current circumstances.]

Why is this hard?

Blue collar working men? My God girl having you been listening/reading?

Not only did I know when it was ripe…I predicted were. I first mention it when Romney was running.

Sadly I think social conservatives with their stupid ass pick like Dr Oz etc are going to hand it right back to democrats.

So it’s nothing lib done to earn them back.

So consider your party lucky.

It has Marge. Why do YOU think democrats are running scare? Biden dementia?

Biden isn’t running the country.

2 Likes

But thats not new or prescient: it’s common knowledge. it’s part of the same historical phenomenon we’ve seen for decades; who disputes it?

You totally lost the working people…you do understand that right?

1 Like

I literally linked to a bunch of pre-Trump articles about how the Democrats lost “working people.” Who are you arguing with?

You linked…

Now why?

1 Like

What the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth? About 6 months…

2 Likes

What?

Right now you have large group of people demanding to kick Joe Manchin out of democrat party. Manchin was and has been solid democrat for decades…decades.

That;s how far out of alignment democrats have become.

2 Likes

Yeah, I want to know about the conspiracy theory, too.

Remember when you thought the dossier was real and anyone who said it wasn’t was pushing a conspiracy theory?

5 Likes

Hunters laptop was Russian misinformation… Then it was real. See the pattern…

5 Likes

The one with Trump engaging in water sports? I was always skeptical of some of its claims. Are you thinking of another poster? Feel free to quote me saying what you claim and I’ll apologize.

Some?.. Which parts are you still fooled by?

2 Likes