The house select committee on Jan 6 Pt 2

Nixon had some good policies as well.

That doesn’t absolve him of using the power of government agencies to go after people who were investigating his other wrongdoings.

Trump lost. He attempted to use his popularity amongst his base and the power of his office to hold onto his office.

The problem is you absolve that because you think LIBs are so evil that any means to keep them out of power is justified.

As long as the belief is held that the other side is so evil, we are allowed to do anything at all to keep them out of power will kill any chances we have of a functional republic in the future.

6 Likes

This… this is what is going on and it is dangerous.

5 Likes

We must destroy the Republic in order to save it

2 Likes

Biden and Pelosi are creating it.

Politicizing everything is a very bad idea and yet…here we are.

Enjoy the monster…insurrection…arrrgh…

By holding Trump accountable for his crimes?

Law and order! Except when it’s my side

1 Like

Liberals are forcing Trump to overturn the results of the election that he lost.

This is so true. I remember in 2015, people in Trump circles kept talking and talking about the “will of the people.” In 2020, the people spoke on Election Day, and all that talk by the Trump crowd about “the will of the people” went right out the window. Trump made up this fantasy world of massive fraud, a “stolen” election, and alternative electors.

Then when his screams of massive voter fraud couldn’t hold up in court or in state legislators, he moved on to January 6 and the egregious act of insurrection we saw that day.

Trump erased any good will he may have gained by accomplishments in office with his egregious behavior after the election. And he continues to do so to this very day.

The guy never needs to be in the Oval Office again.

4 Likes

That would be Biden actually intentionally flooding the country with fake asylum seekers and just plain illegals.
Trump tried to push an argument that the election was so flawed that it should not stand. That argument failed in the courts and was rejected in the verification process. A coup would be if he then had tried to overthrow the government with the military. He left the WH instead.

1 Like

There was no evidence presented, even with the Democrat’s Jan 6 committee, that Trump ever planned on anyone entering the Capitol or anything other than a protest a la first amendment.

A little replacement theory topped off with the “no harm no foul” theory of political violence.

Guys…. Never change.

Keep focusing on in that and not all of the other stuff he did.

Be sure to mention the QAnon Shaman

1 Like

We already know he tried to weaponize the Justice Department in an attempt to maintain power, and it that only failed because he was convinced “it wouldn’t look good if all of the Justice Department resigned”.

Not every attempt to maintain power must involve the military… even there he replaced the Pentagon’s civilian leadership with lackeys loyal to him.

Luckily for all of us, our institutions, though battered, were able to withstand the attacks on them.

And what do you think is the point of continuing to batter at those institutions?

2020 tested the guardrails. As long as a sizable portion of the population remains unwilling to call out those attacks on the guardrails for what they were…because “LIBS are evil”…there is little hope they will continue to withstand repeated attacks.

Especially since the goal of election deniers is to seize power and remove those guardrails.

4 Likes

They have already said that that is the plan.

And the thing is that I don’t think that it is just Trump’s plan… it is becoming mainstreamed into the GOP.

The danger isn’t Trump…it will be one who espouses the things Trump espoused…who is willing destroy the guardrails…but will be more savvy about doing it so people don’t notice until it’s too late.

A job that’s even easier when there’s a sizable portion who refuse to condemn even the most obvious attacks on our institutions because “he’s on my team”.

2 Likes

Which is why when I ask what a President should do when there is a violent attack on the Capitol by his supporters and the response is either deflection or crickets… it makes me sad.

Are you seriously going to pretend you don’t support politically motivated investigations when the sides are flipped? You literally have hundreds of posts supporting it in 2019/2020 and were also a supporter of all 8 of the Benghazi investigations.

It is going to become harder to dismiss the emails as they become more part of a criminal probe.

Those emails are bad. I’m thinking Mark Meadows is already talking to his lawyers about flipping for immunity