Let's clear this up, yes the President absolutely has the authority to do what is necessary to protect the sovereignty of the Nation and the welfare of its people!

Notice I didn’t say “close the border” as that can have other meanings (trade, commerce, etc.) outside of issues pertaining to immigration and asylum. First, can we have an honest discussion, which isn’t simply about protecting your “side” or your “guy” (which is honestly a pathetic way of thinking)? Those of you who know my posts know that I am no fan of Donald Trump and have no problem with the many negative criticisms of him and of any other Republican for that matter. So, for anyone who is intellectually honest and has given this issue a fair amount of thought and research, cannot honestly say that Joe Biden has done anything to stop the flow of migrants into the country. For three years Joe Biden hasn’t given a rat’s ass about the border and has done everything he can to actually facilitate this mass migration. The ONLY reason he cares about this now is that it could cost the Democrats in November.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/did-biden-intentionally-cause-the-border-crisis/ar-BB1hq1vu?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=7cac88bfc92b43389e274c61fc37e3c3&ei=10

The Border Patrol apprehended nearly 6 million illegal crossers from the beginning of the Biden presidency on January 20, 2021, through September 30, 2023, and released more than 3.3 million of them into the country. Approximately, 99.7% are still here. It currently is releasing more than 85% of the illegal crossers it apprehends.

Furthermore, as has been discussed ad nauseum:

What is happening at the border is unprecedented, not just in the sheer numbers but differs from the large mass migrations that have happened in the past. This is something that has been brought up with the intent of trying to equate what has happened under Biden to past presidents, but the difference is that with past large migrations it was Mexicans crossing the border to work illegally in the US. Much of this mass migration is not only more numerous but largely consists of people from over 100 different countries using cartels as travel agents to nation shop to the US with phony asylum claims!

We should also (if intellectually honest) agree that any statement by Joe Biden claiming he has done everything he can to prevent what is happening at the border is pure nonsense! On the other hand, Tump did take numerous measures when the migrant surge happened during his presidency:

This is lengthy, but is a very good read on the various measure Trump took to resolve this issue. What Trump did was absolutely effective. Regarding a further discussion on this issue this is a very good read:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-vs-johnson-border-standoff-experts-split-on-who-has-the-authority-to-solve-crisis/ar-BB1hrIxp?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=356b463ffb42437fb107f0ca392cc381&ei=19

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-doesn-t-need-a-bill-to-fix-border-he-just-refuses-to-enforce-the-law/ar-BB1hv81R?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=5141ff52ea1145669d0cca65db4bf05d&ei=113

Since there’s plenty of information, I’m going to just post this:

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/lsb/lsb10283

other statutes grant the executive branch broad authority to restrict the entry of aliens. INA § 212(f), which came to public attention when President Trump invoked it as authority for the “Travel Ban” executive orders and proclamation, confers exceptionally broad power on the President in this regard:

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

Another statute, also cited in the Travel Ban orders and proclamation, allows the President to restrict the entry of aliens according to “such reasonable rules, regulations, and orders, and subject to such limitations and exceptions as the President may prescribe.” In Trump v. Hawaii, which upheld the Travel Ban proclamation as a valid exercise of the President’s authority under INA § 212(f), the Supreme Court reasoned that the statute “exudes deference to the President” and “vests [him] with ‘ample power’ to impose entry restrictions in addition to those elsewhere enumerated in the INA.” The Court also emphasized that presidential determinations related to national security traditionally receive deference and declined to probe the national security justifications that the President gave for the proclamation’s entry restrictions on broad categories of nationals of seven countries.

1 Like

This is already more than enough people to impact the very societal norms of our cultures.

Not an invasion? Only a child left behind would be stupid enough to spin that yarn.

4 Likes

In the crazy, upside down world “we” now live in…the border isn’t an invasion with millions upon millions upon millions crossing but J6 was an insurrection where no one brought their guns.

5 Likes

And now we all see exactly why a stupid population is beneficial for the elite. :wink:

5 Likes

Now remember…I spotlighted this atrocity years ago and coined them as…sheople.

…and how can we recognize them? Orange man baaa, baaa, baaad. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

IMO…knowing all that’s stated in the OP is absolutely true, if you choose to support this corrupt turd, you knowingly and voluntarily stand with a traitor to our nation.

…and don’t give the TDS cowardly excuse of “I voted against Trump”.

2 Likes

Those are the same people who supported al-Qaeda in Iraq against the US Army. :man_shrugging:

And who now support hamas, Hezbolla and Iran.

And I count biden as the chief supporter

When you consider the amount of people Biden will have let in by the end of his 1st term, along with how many children these people will have, we could be seeing as many as an additional 20 to 30 million people collecting various forms of welfare in the next 5-10 years! Who the ■■■■ honestly believes that is good?

2 Likes

When Biden was elected no laws were changed by Congress. Yet somehow the most secure border in decades was quickly destroyed and became the least secure.

I didn’t realize this number was so large but…

The reporting I’ve heard over the last few days is he signed 94 executive orders opening up the border. That was just the beginning. “ Biden signed more executive orders related to immigration than any other topic on his first day in office. He’s taken more than 500 executive actions since then, already surpassing former president Donald Trump’s four-year total, according to a recent tally by the nonpartisan Migration Policy Institute (MPI).”. https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/2024/01/27/biden-immigration-policy-trump/

I’m not very bright but this crisis certainly was created by Biden’s reckless use of executive authority without Congress. It stands to reason then that this crisis could also be undone in the same manner.

4 Likes

Dilution is the solution for a new proletariat.

1 Like

This is the objective
New George Soros-backed PAC aims to turn Texas blue | The Texas Tribune.

Key words & phrases to keep in mind

1. Illegals are migrants seeking amnesty :rofl:
  2. We must get them green cards so the can work (where?)
  3. (my favorite) “Pathway to citizenship”
  4. And the consummate closer: “The children, what about the children”? Never mind 85,00 are missing and likely sold into sex slavery or working in sweat shops or dead.
1 Like

I’m not sure where you get that number of “94 executive orders opening up the border” statement from. I looked up the Federal Registry and found 130 Executive orders by Biden since entering office. By comparison, Trump had 220.
I did a quick search and found only 4 EOs under the topic of border security or immigration.
There was a time when EOs were frowned upon, but now the GOP wants Biden to issue them to control the border. It should be Congress’ job.
Here’s the orders I found in the registry. Let me know if I missed any.

2 Likes

Not sure. Maybe I should have posted this in the thug thread.

But these are “migrants” attacking cops.

And the ones arrested were charged – AND RELEASED WITHOUT BAIL.

3 Likes

You could have saved yourself a lot of words and links to say the obvious in a few words. All of President Trump’s policies were effective for the benefit of the country and all of its (legal) citizens, better known as MAGA!

against EO’s? Fairly blanket statement. I personally have always thought That an EO informing the administration how the President intends to enforce the law and supporting his policies is fine. It’s the ones that instruct the executive to not enforce the law or just make up new laws out of hole cloth that are a problem.

There are basically 3 laws which empower the President for immigration purposes.

one that says all illegal aliens must be detained (this includes so called “asylum seekers”).

one that says when detention centers are full, the President may require those seeking entry to remain in a 3rd country while their claim is being processed.

and another that says individual detainees may be released “for the good of the US.”

Using these three laws in concert is why Trump was successful.

Using only the third law to facilitate mass release is why Brandon is a nightmare.

2 Likes

There is a very thin line between interpretation of law and creating new law but i don’t necessarily disagree with you

Biden immediately reversed numerous regulations and agreements Trump had in place to control immigration. No court had ruled that these rules were beyond the authority of the President.
When the Obama/Biden administration wanted to allow people brought to this country as minors to stay, they had no problem testing the limits of legal authority and leaving it up to,the courts to decide.
Biden needs to exert his authority to turn people back at the border and deport those who have made it to,the interior. Reintroduce the rules and agreements that were in place when he took over the White House.
If the courts rule that these actions are beyond his legal authority, then introduce corrective legislation.
There isnt a lack of laws, there is a lack of enforcement.

3 Likes

The executive has to interpret the law in order to enforce it. How its interpreted is up to the President, until and unless the courts disagree.