How the Biden Administration's "Open Borders" game works

Unlike what many on the Left believe no nation is required to forgo its sovereignty just because a bunch of (largely phony) asylum seekers show up at your border. There are different approaches countries can take to deal with such situations, two radically different approaches were how the Trump Administration handled it compared to how we see the Biden Administration is currently handling it. Largely what the Biden Administration approach is what many refer to catch and release, which essentially works as follows:

Ideally a migrant crosses the border at a legal point of entry and turns themselves into CBP and says something like “I fear for my life if I go back to my home country.” There would then be an initial screening in which the migrant makes what they call a “credible fear claim” and if deemed valid they would be detained (in facilities at the border) and shortly see an immigration/asylum judge who determines if that person meets the legal requirements for asylum (which as has been demonstrated are VERY narrow). This is not how the Biden Administration is approaching this as demonstrated here:

Notably, of the seven Form I-862s viewed by the Washington Examiner, not one of the immigrants checked a box on the form meant to designate whether the respondent “has demonstrated a credible fear of persecution or torture.”

So, under Biden it would seem that few if any even need to make a “credible fear claim.” An even easier version of “catch and release” than what many even believed. Now I’m sure some here are thinking that they will certainly see an immigration/asylum judge in very short order! Wrong answer!

Several immigrants were willing to show their Department of Homeland Security I-862 forms, revealing notices to appear in court reaching as far into the future as March 2027 to 2033.

So just show up at the border say a few “magic words” and be given a free pass to enter the US. Get free housing, free healthcare, free meals, free education, etc., etc., all at the US Taxpayers expense! What a complete mockery of what asylum is supposed to be along with a disgraceful way to treat one’s citizens. Consider this view:

South Texas College of Law professor Josh Blackman told the Washington Examiner Friday that giving court dates so far into the future is “almost meaningless.” He said if someone is told to appear in court in 10 years, “it’s very unlikely this person ever actually faces an immigration judge.”

6 Likes

This whole illegal alien invasion being encouraged and permitted by the Biden Administration is the worst act of treason in our nation’s history and all Brandonites should be ashamed for their complicity…PERIOD!

5 Likes

7 Likes

the narrative is they are seeking “asylum”

as long as they say that sky’s the limit

meanwhile communities along the border (many hispanic) and now across the US are destroyed by the worst from mexico and elsewhere

the idiot left doesnt care

3 Likes

And then the left wonders why rents are so expensive and homeless are everywhere Talk about dysfunctional and disconnected…

1 Like

The right magic words can grant anyone a ten year pass into the country!

4 Likes

i know 10 years before a trial!

what a system

They’ll be voters by then.

3 Likes

and then after that, eventually, inevitably, citizens

wave after wave after wave

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t5:

1 Like

Not just permitted but actually being orchestrated by a ■■■■■■■ US president!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-biden-mayorkas-broke-our-immigration-system-from-the-inside-out/ar-AA1d8ZyE?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=163ae208b3324c20a90f913dfbf6e91b&ei=113

I would know, after spending almost my entire career working for ICE or its predecessor agency the Immigration and Naturalization Service, I served as the agency’s first director. Today, I hardly recognize the institution. For starters, Mayorkas issued a shocking priorities memorandum in September 2021 that severely limited who ICE was allowed to arrest.

And when I say criminal illegal aliens, I don’t simply mean people that crossed the border illegally—though that certainly is a crime in and of itself. See Title 8, USC 1325. No, I am referring to people who have entered the country illegally and have been convicted of a crime or are subject to pending charges.

That’s because for Biden and his officials, it isn’t enough that these people have entered the country illegally—or in some cases reentered after being formally deported. In many cases, the Democrats don’t even care if these same people go on to commit serious crimes in the United States. No, only after they have been convicted of the worst crimes—when it is already too late to act—can these criminals be targeted by ICE. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Many of these crimes could easily be prevented if ICE was simply allowed to do its job and enforce the immigration law as written.

The truth is, as long as Biden and Mayorkas remain in power, the border surge will continue. Every day, thousands of immigrants will cross the border illegally, and thousands more inadmissible aliens will be directed through ports of entry despite the fact that they obviously don’t qualify for asylum. Worse still, even if these illegal aliens go on to commit serious crimes, ICE will not be able to arrest and deport them, thus leading to even more new arrivals.

It truly is a broken system, and that’s because it is broken by design. People that say this administration has failed on immigration don’t understand. Biden and Mayorkas haven’t failed at all. Quite the opposite, their plan is succeeding.

1 Like

The Left believes that we got jobs for all these phony asylum seekers:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/work-permits-for-illegal-migrants-stands-exposed-as-a-red-herring-not-a-solution/ar-AA1iFigv?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c19f64e3a6f44e809c1e3b590a03004f&ei=40

most migrants aren’t so much escaping oppression at home (they cross other countries on their way here, after all) as seeking better economic opportunity in America, and only say “asylum” to get in.

1 Like

democrats know. they just play dumb so they can destroy the culture/language they hate

3 Likes

Do any Brandonites give a rat’s ass yet or is it the mean tweets that are still what’s the most important?

The crazy part is that even when you listen to libs on TV and radio they all talk about how they are escaping poverty, crime, political unrest, etc., but fail to say haw that NONE of those fit the LEGAL requirements for asylum.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/migrants-pouring-over-texas-border-looking-for-better-life-fleeing-bad-economy/ar-AA1lSWPW?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e3e8ead4cbd24c29807bca2eaf04e6e4&ei=30

2 Likes

They feeeeel it.

1 Like

they dont fit true.

note they are “fleeing a bad economy” wile recording their journeys on the cell to become famous on tick tock

sickening

1 Like

Who needs law and order. Just open our borders cuz they’re all honest, asylum seekers, looking for employment and peaceful assimilation within the US culture…amirite libs? France is just a wee bit further down the road of this insanity and a lib mayor who also pushed for open borders cuz she’s so "V"irtuous, just got severely beaten by those she pushed for. It’s the exact same thing I’d expect here, if this insanity continues?

Trump has more than once asserted if elected he will facilitate the “largest deportation and repatriation program in US history”.
Not sure how that will happen considering the sheer obscene numbers and the countries where J’Bidens illegal invaders have come from. Case in point, Venezuela, the US has no diplomatic ties with Venezuela. Tens if not hundreds of thousands of Venezuelans have illegally entered the United States. How can you pack em up and take ‘em back?
But Trump’s proposal is likely the only answer to remove the illegals and provide a deterrent for future invaders.

1 Like

The US is getting a sampling of J’Biden’s illegal invasion horde with crimes committed by his “amnesty” scamsters.