Immigration bill thread

Or, it can be done short of new legislation. Do it, and let the courts decide. But that comes back to the truth of the matter. Democrats don’t want to stop it.
At this point, let the voters decide in November. If everything is still split politically, it may be necessary to accept a bill like this.

3 Likes

Why start at 5000? Start at one.

1 Like

The Senate’s bipartisan, 2024, tyrannical border bill

It is absolutely sickening that citizens of the United States in our Senate, would create a bill intentionally designed to help destroy the United States from within.

JWK

“We often give enemies the means of our own destruction.” – Aesop.

2 Likes

I agree it could be lower but you if I understand you correctly you are saying why have a threshold just put a temporary stop on asylum seekers and its a valid arguement. I suppose they want an ongoing mechanism that can pause asylum based on a number and not just presidential whim. Then again if I understand the legislation correctly it does not mandate asylum should pause just that it can be.

Bingo! There’s going to be 5,000 plus bodies, which then will supposedly trigger a shutdown (read the fine print - if the head of CBP deems it necessary), then thousands of more come over the next few days. The angry phony asylum seekers will then just rush past CBP and claim what is rightfully theirs!

Which is a complete lie! Biden is and has been a pathological liar his entire political career.

Under Obama if 1000 crossed a day it was considered a crisis, under Biden they are setting the crisis level to 4-5k a day for a week before it’s a crisis. The cartels will just set the illegal crossings to a lower threshold maybe 3900 a day which still is overwhelming the border.

No one is fooled by Biden. They all know he’s doing this because he’s getting destroyed in the polls. He’s now waited too late to try and shift to the center, no one believes he cares about the border. The bill is DOA an should be ripped up and burnt. Democrats should stick to healthcare and let republicans deal with the border.

4 Likes

Why not secure our border than we talk how many can come in?

8 Likes

approx 1,800,000 which beats 2,500,000 (the number of migrirants encountered in 2023) by a lot.

Allan

What needs to be stopped is this notion that people can go “country shopping” for all their phony asylum seeking needs. This bill does NOTHING to address that.

5 Likes

so zero asylum seekers are allowed everyday.

that aint gonna fly.

Allan

Exactly, this bill is not really about enforcement but rather a mirage that is simply designed to have a more orderly open border.

4 Likes

And I would be very skeptical of the way Biden would use that.
The criteria for asylum is supposed to change from “significant possibility of persecution” to “probable possibility of persecution” (or is it the other way around). And what the heck does that even mean? Exactly what the thousand or so immigration judges decide it means.

2 Likes

Why would a truly persecuted asylum seeker be sent back to torture or death because he was number 5001? It makes no sense. What you need is a stricter definition of asylum, a stricter requirement of evidence, and if you came through a third country you wait there till a decision is made.
And if you don’t present at a port of entry, you forfeit your right to make a claim.

1 Like

That isn’t what happens, if we reach 5k illegal entrants for seven days in a row they shut down illegal crossings but the catch is, they just get redirected to a port of entry instead where 1400 a day can be let in.

It’s my understanding that this bill authorizes 1.5 million illegal aliens to authorized as citizens per year. That…all by itself is a deal breaker and I hope every establishment politician that would vote yes…is voted out of office and permanently disgraced back in their own hometown.

5 Likes

Actually, we currently have immigration laws that have been agreed to by congress that establish how many people can immigrate into this country. The 1,850,000 (based on 5000 a day) is creating a new method of immigration on top of the one already legislated.

2 Likes

Governor Abbott needs to start shipping illegal entrants to Kentucky so the nitwits, who keep electing Mitchell McConnell, start suffering the pain from McConnell’s notoriously evil Senate doings.

JWK

2 Likes

Same concept. No consequences

5000X365-365 free passes. hell no
automatic work permit for “asylum seekers”. hell no

2 Likes