Critical Theory is not an extension of the Civil Rights Movement

I’ve said this before. Here’s another voice:

“And as long as they can keep Black America in a constant state of agitation, anger and resentment, it means they can easily control them. In other words, they’re willing to sacrifice Black bodies for Black votes, even as they hijack the civil rights movement.”

Critical Theory is about hegemony.

"The white liberals, who have been posing as our friends, have failed us. The white liberal is the worst enemy to America and the worst enemy to the black man.”

“White liberals are those who have perfected the art of selling themselves to the black man as our ‘friend’ to get our sympathy, our allegiance and our minds. The white liberal attempts to use us politically against white conservatives, so that anything the black man does is never for his own good, never for his advancement, never for his own progress, he’s only a pawn in the hands of the white liberal.”
Malcom X

And then, of course, there’s Bell’s interest convergence. That never really converges.

1 Like

Another bit;

“They’re talking about voting rights as the most important issue to Black America,” he said. “That’s not true. It may be for some elites who profit from it, but every five minutes of every day a child is shot in America, and four times that number of those children are Black,” he said of crime waves in cities including his hometown.

1 Like

MLK had to die, but Malcolm X was tolerated. Agitation won the day, and the generation.

1 Like

This part that you highlighted…who been saying the same thing here for years?

“And as long as they can keep Black America in a constant state of agitation, anger and resentment, it means they can easily control them. In other words, they’re willing to sacrifice Black bodies for Black votes, even as they hijack the civil rights movement.”

Just some examples of what I’m saying. To bad we don’t have old forum. Either way democrats won’t hesitate sacrificing Blacks for for their white power…which make them true racist IMO…and it’s seems prevalent/systematic within their ranks.

I’ve followed Bob Woodson for long time, he’s 100 percent right. He’s one of many that open my eyes.

3 Likes

Maybe there’s hope that we can MAGA. We were headed in the right direction. Racial discord was being diminished. We© were seeing fellow Americans as brothers, regardless of race and nationality.

But some lost power without the discord. Their own sense of value lay in their ability to organize a community to fight the monster of racism. But that monster was dying. So they created their own monster. And it is now devouring us.

But hope is written on my bones. We will overcome this demon from hell. MAGA. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A debate between Bob Woodson and Al Sharpton would be epic.
Never happen, Sharpton is a race pimp that denounces truth sayers as “racists” including equal rights pioneers like Woodson.

1 Like

I heard a sound bite of these comments this morning…I absolutely thought his words were brilliant and spot on.

1 Like

Sharpton would look like the creep he truly is.

1 Like

I don’t think I’d put it like that.

Malcolm X was primarily about self defense, defense of the community, and educating the people to defend their minds.

King was more of an idealist, Malcolm was mode of a realist, at least in the status quo of the 50s and 60s.

They were all agitators against the status quo, though. Which was what was needed at that time.

The issue is that today, the situation and circumstances have changed. You have too many black leaders essentially lying to their children and the children of others that we are ■■■■■■ from birth due solely to the color of our skin.

It’s morally abhorrent what’s going on in that regard. “You’ll never be a success because you’re black. The white man aint gonna let you have nothing.”

Of course that breeds resentment.

It’s insanity.

4 Likes

Change “Black America” to “Conservatives”, and how is it any different than what the leaders on the Right and the CEC do?

1 Like

We’re not far off on what we’re trying to convey. It’s a semantics issue. MLK was an every man.

2 Likes

Libs need Blacks to maintain their political power, thus willing to sacrifice Blacks independency and even their lives. Call it what you will but I would call it political slavery.

We conservatives want them independent from government with thriving communities and business etc.

You didn’t answer the question…How is it any different than leaders on the Right keeping their base agitated, angry, resentful etc. Hell… that’s pretty much how 45 got elected.

This thread is about critical race theory.

Damn. I read the article expecting something about CRT. Only to find out it has nothing to do with CRT. You made it sound as if Woodson equated the CRT and CRM. He didn’t. And like always… you are incorrect.

Now regarding what he said. I respect his opinion. Given his long standing commitment to community organizing (use to be a bad phrase) and civil rights… I fully understand his perspective. I’m sure he and his fellow CRM members agree and disagree on a lot.

Woodson himself is seen as a progressive. There is not a single conservative here who would have though otherwise during the CRM. It all about prospective.

I actually agree that voting rights is probably not the most pressing issue in the community. However from a federal level, that’s the best we are going to get.

Read up on initiatives Woodson built and supported. Then tell me how many conservatives would support those same programs at a federal level. If we are being honest with ourselves… we know there is no chance.

1 Like

Hahahahahahaha

No you haven’t.

What did he say about white conservatives?

He’s not your friend. You don’t like him. He was MLK with a short temper.

Yeah I have…you haven’t.

1 Like

Exactly. And neither of them were supported by white conservatives in the 60s. It’s revisionist history now that those same conservatives who were alive during CRM are not big fans of MLK (but not X).

This is where I disagree. I just simple don’t see this sentiment communicated on the ground. I’ve never heard any leader tell black kids this message. Maybe parents do, but I just don’t hear it. I have Aunt and Uncles in their 70, 80s in southern VA and even THEY don’t say this.

Do you?

1 Like

Its about tactics…