Coronavirus Thread Political II

The fact that he was out there every day screaming about it being the Democrat Hoax proves he knew full well it was here.

Sick.

3 Likes

This is exactly correct. He has been the epitome of leading from behind. It is because he was completely and totally unprepared for the job. Unqualified in virtually every measure imaginable. Before this crisis, at least it did not end up in actual American lives lost. But now, tens of thousands of Americans have died as a result of his inaction and leading from behind. Hundreds of thousands have fallen ill, some who will have permanent health issues as a result of his failures. It is unconscionable.

2 Likes

Indeed. His own words. And then we have his actions. Which always speak louder.

3 Likes

Just gonna leave this here:

It’s been over two weeks. Our mortality rate of known cases and deaths is almost 4x your prediction at 4.4%.

Whereas I’ve been almost spot on with my estimates for about a month now.

2 Likes

Ouch. That is going to leave a mark! :flushed:

1 Like

Just. Like. The. Flu.

3 Likes

“Doubling every 3 days”.

Starting point, 150 deaths.

18+3 21= 301d perdition 300

From there it really falls off.

21+3 24 = 781d, predicted= 600

27th= 1697, predicted= 1,200

30th= 3,150, predicted=2,400

April

2nd= 6,088, predited= 4,800

5th= 9636d, predicted = 9,600

8th= 14,811d, predicted= 19,200

11th= 20,577d, predicted= 38,400

14th= 26,047d, predicted= 76,800

Yes, your model is broken.

Yep, we have had two bad weeks but not nearly as bad as you predicted.

As of now we’re showing a 4.4 mortality rate but unfortunately there is still a lag in reporting. We have now tested over 2 million people in the US but it seems we still have a 7-10 day lag in reporting apparently so let’s check back in ten days and divide today’s number of deaths by the total infected on the 26th and we’ll see that indeed it is dropping like a rock.

60,000 Americans died with the Flu last year and that is a disease we had effective testing, vaccines, and anti virals for before it ever reached our shores.

In most respects yes it’s very similar to the Flu, it spreads the same way and the same preventive and mitigating factors accomplish the same for both diseases.

If we treated coronavirus like the common flu, would there be 60,000 deaths? Yes or no?

Treated medically? No, there would be no more than probably 10,000 deaths at most right now.

If we basically ignored it and went on with our lives as though it weren’t as serious as it is we’d probably be well in excess of a million deaths by now.

We haven’t treated it “just like the Flu” since Dec when the CDC went about developing a test faster than they have ever done before, nor would private sector companies jumped in immediately developing both virus and titer tests for antibodies nor would we have declared a National Health Emergency 37 days before our first new case on Jan 27th putting all the wheels in motion to gear up for the fight in a bit way and freeing up hundreds of millions of dollars immediately to distribute where it would do the most good.

Yeah, it’s perfectly normal for the flu to kill about 1,000 people a day just in New York City :roll_eyes:

With Trump’s “leadership” in regards to re-opening the country, that 60K projection is pretty optimistic. I wonder if the statisticians factored in an erratic president with inconsistent messaging into their equations.

Thank you.

Bless your heart, you think my model has simply been f(x) = 1.26x since March 18?

God, like I said weeks ago, you’re so out of your depth. It uses a gaussian function to predict daily deaths. The projected deaths on a given day (say 10D+T) is a sigmoid function.

We haven’t been at a 3-day doubling rate for two weeks. We’re at a 5 day MA doubling rate of 8.4 days.

If we maintain this rate, next Wednesday we’ll be at ~ 50,000 deaths. That is unlikely, as we’re seeing a slowing. It’s looking like it will be more in the 40-42,000 range.

2 Likes

Texas is 48th out of the 50 states for testing rate…they have only tested something like 5,000 people per million population.

Only Kansas and Virginia have tested less.

Sounds like sensationalism. Wouldn’t people buying beer be largely related to businesses that have other essential items also selling beer? Isn’t pot a pain or otherwise therapeutic medicine for some?

From looking at the Michigan government’s website, it seems like they are soberly trying to identify essential services and businesses. Whoever pulled up discrepancies was likely mining for them.

So what was your point? Nobody suggest we simply ignore it and go about a normal daily lives.

If we ignored the Flu, particularly strains like H1N1 we’d probably see around a million deaths from it as well. We don’t however nor did we in this case.

I’m out of my league?

I quoted you word for word and showed exactly how badly your model is performing.

“Doubling every 3 days”.

Take your condescending BS elsewhere, you embarrassed yourself.

All I did was quote you and post the actual numbers showing your model is nowhere near accurate.

We won’t maintain the current rate for two weeks. We’re at or very near the top of the curve since new hospitalizations and deaths have fallen dramatically in places like NYC where more than a quarter of the nations cases were two weeks ago.

dude, you’re quoting me from literally a month ago. We haven’t had a 3-day doubling rate for two weeks. My model isn’t a straight line projection. Learn to ■■■■■■■ model or get the ■■■■ out. My weekly predictions have been spot on unlike your prediction that we’d be at a mortality rate of 1.2% or less.

2 Likes

NYC data is delayed a few days to a week because of the reporting method. We don’t know the last few days hospitalization and death counts.

I sure hope you are right, but we won’t know for a few days.

The cases are centered in Four Metro areas, DFW, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio so obviously the testing is centered there.

There are only a handful of cases west of I-35 so obviously there’s not a hell of a lot of testing going on in that part of the state outside of Patients showing up at the ER/Clinics presenting symptoms Consistent with CCCV.

We have more land area than the entire Eastern Seaboard from DC to Maine as well which presents logistical challenges you cant’ fathom apparently.

About half our counties have no cases at all so obviously we aren’t putting the resources into them.

This is a pandemic, the resources go where they are most needed, to do anything less would be unconscionable.