I Agree With This Man

And I are constantly shifting how they get the drugs into the country to the weakest points. If you secure the Border you can strengthen the parts and you can choke off the entire Supply.

1 Like

Then why arent they already shifting the opioids routes to areas in between ports of entries? If those spots are so weak why arent the drugs already flowing through the gaps in border wall?

Wild rose colored glasses is more like it.

1 Like

In point of fact, when this is over we can look at the mortality rates 4 the compromised age groups.

Then we’ll know what if any significant increase in the mortality rate was for the year

oh i know what he is saying. and i understand how the rate increases, but that still doesnt address why such drastic measures are ever taken for the flu. no one seems to be able to answer that. not saying it’s a conspiracy, but ot begs the question why democrats dont want to tank the economy over it like they do for something that causes cold-like symptoms

the whole premise of this shutdown is to slow the spread not to ultimately avoid the disease. integrating the area under that “flattened” curve will still give similar numbers. but who am i to discuss calculus with analytical geometry among the forum lefty geniuses

2 Likes

Just sit out for this one, buddy.

We’ll have 5,000 deaths by Wednesday or Thursday. If we cut our current rate in HALF immediately, we’ll have over 15k deaths by Easter. Our death rate has been increasing.

When was the last time flu caused major hospitals to treat no other patients other than flu patients? That’s called putting things in perspective.

1 Like

If only Chuck Norris would shed a tear, there would already be a cure for this disease.

“ With an intense flu season in full swing, hundreds of thousands of coughing and feverish patients have already overwhelmed emergency rooms around the United States”

tell us more about exponents

2 Likes

You didn’t answer my question. Some major hospitals are treating NO ONE but covid patients. No other surgeries or procedures. This isn’t just a matter of EDs getting overwhelmed.

The goal is to prevent the collapse of hospital care.

This metric is lacking in the coverage.

We are not tracking how we are meeting the goal.

Total cases is not so meaningful.

Total mortality is sensational and incomplete.

:thermometer:

2 Likes

As foolish as some of the locals are acting they may as well go back to work.

We have some really nice walking trails here and i would say hundreds are walking them daily bumping elbows by walking so close. Some even pushing their babies along in strollers among all those people.

We go out for a ride in the car occasionally to keep from going stir crazy and there are all those people apparently without a care in the world. :roll_eyes:

Mostly folks in their 20’s 30’s, and loads of school children.

1 Like

and they were also treating nothing but flu patients. hence “overwhelmed” as the article i posted (but conspicuously not present in your reply) says

Give us a list of hospitals in the US that it had to shut down and treat only covid-19 patients.

1 Like

When Chuck Norris was exposed to the virus, the virus had to quarantine for 14 days.

very true

but “news” has a daily tracker, evidently.

insulting to even a mere thinking man’s intelligence

1 Like

Uh, no. That was just the ED. Other surgeries and procedures were still taking place. I don’t think you understand d the significance of that.

We are going to need to demand this focus on the goal as we slowly and carefully return to business.

Time to put the pressure on through social media and elected officials.

1 Like

People don’t take the flu seriously because they know they aren’t likely to die from it, the mortality rate being orders of magnitude lower than this new virus. Me I almost died from it 35 years ago as a 25 year old athletic young man in top physical condition, something I will never forget. For the worst twelve hours of it I was too sick to call an ambulance and just laid there waiting for death. That kinda thing sticks with you. I was fairly diligent about other people’s pathogens before this thing even hit. Just about everybody I work with got the flu in October/Novermber right before this except for me. They all had to take a week off from work except for me, it was that bad. In fact, it was just like Covid 19 symptoms come to think of it and only two to three months before it hit here.

uh, yes. thats where patients enter the hospital. how thin you gonna slice this for your narrative sandwich?

again, the point of the article is that hospitals were already inundated, and resources were strained, just because of flu