The house select committee on Jan 6 Pt 2

We already know he tried to weaponize the Justice Department in an attempt to maintain power, and it that only failed because he was convinced “it wouldn’t look good if all of the Justice Department resigned”.

Not every attempt to maintain power must involve the military… even there he replaced the Pentagon’s civilian leadership with lackeys loyal to him.

Luckily for all of us, our institutions, though battered, were able to withstand the attacks on them.

And what do you think is the point of continuing to batter at those institutions?

2020 tested the guardrails. As long as a sizable portion of the population remains unwilling to call out those attacks on the guardrails for what they were…because “LIBS are evil”…there is little hope they will continue to withstand repeated attacks.

Especially since the goal of election deniers is to seize power and remove those guardrails.

4 Likes

They have already said that that is the plan.

And the thing is that I don’t think that it is just Trump’s plan… it is becoming mainstreamed into the GOP.

The danger isn’t Trump…it will be one who espouses the things Trump espoused…who is willing destroy the guardrails…but will be more savvy about doing it so people don’t notice until it’s too late.

A job that’s even easier when there’s a sizable portion who refuse to condemn even the most obvious attacks on our institutions because “he’s on my team”.

2 Likes

Which is why when I ask what a President should do when there is a violent attack on the Capitol by his supporters and the response is either deflection or crickets… it makes me sad.

Are you seriously going to pretend you don’t support politically motivated investigations when the sides are flipped? You literally have hundreds of posts supporting it in 2019/2020 and were also a supporter of all 8 of the Benghazi investigations.

It is going to become harder to dismiss the emails as they become more part of a criminal probe.

Those emails are bad. I’m thinking Mark Meadows is already talking to his lawyers about flipping for immunity

There are a lot of people who should be in trouble about this. Especially the members of Congress who knew that fighting over fake electors was part of the plan and went along with it. Those who knew about fake electors, didn’t go along with it but said nothing should be forced to carry them failing their oath of office the rest of their lives.

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah the word “fake” goes to the heart of it. It shows intent to seize power maliciously. Very damning.

1 Like

Then Luntz or somebody like him stepped an and urged them to say “alternate” instead of ‘fake’.

Were Democrats kicked off of the Benghazi committee hearings by Republicans in order to preserve the narrative?

3 Likes

Did Democrats put people on the committee that were participants to what they were investigating?

You in particular like to argue this isn’t being treated like a normal trial yet ignore that normal trials do not allow for such conflicts of interest

3 Likes

And let’s not forget that a lot of the testimony we’ve heard from the January 6 committee sessions has been from Republicans - many of them who were working for the key players.

Half empty…half full.

Dems have dirty hands in the 2020 election.

More so than Trump hyperbolic objections.

Settle in for the long haul.

1 Like

Name 1 thing Democrats did that is worse than putting together multiple fake slates of electors (and outright callling the fake) in attempt to overturn an election they know they lost

3 Likes

Is there a conspiracy you do not buy into, if it involves…democrats?

That question is disingenuous. You know the answer

1 Like

Drop boxes without required video monitors.

That was easy.

1 Like