What if conservative teachers taught Critical Abortion Theory to their students?

The Holocaust is not highly controversial.

1 Like

What gets me about this exchange. This part;

Believe me,” Peddy said. “That’s come up.”

Someone tried to use the Holocaust as pushback, and someone else told them yes, if the Holocaust is covered. You need diverse opinions.

Yes and yes

Was Hitler persecuting them because of their religion?

Christian Jew’s were safe?

Sure. But what schools are being told, is that books in the library need to cover multiple perspectives. There wasn’t a caveat on whether it needed to be highly controversial.

Maybe schools are being told wrong. But that is where the confusion lies.

This bill was based on reactionary CRT nonsense and was so poorly written and vague that’s it’s gotten into the realm of the absurd

He was persecuting them because they were Jewish, which is a religion.

What is a Christian Jew?

Was he only persecuting the dark-skinned, dark-haired Jewish people?

We can add Jewish culture in if you like. It wasn’t racism, because it’s not a race.

Highly controversial is in the quote.

Does your library not have Mein Kampf or Mao’s little red book?

1 Like

Wow just, wow

I don’t know. I never saw them in my high school library, but I never sought them out either.

If I had to guess, no. Those books are too controversial for a high school to have on hand.

Why?

Jews are a people of which their ancestors can be traced back ages.

They might have been the same “race” in your view but they were seen as inferior and their physical characteristics mocked and targeted.

Hitler very much viewed them as inferior and it was not because they believed in Judaism.

Did he only persecute the Jewish people from Judea?

Why a high school wouldn’t have them?

Because parents wouldn’t want little Timmy reading Mein Kampf. There was a controversy over a book having sex in it recently, imagine the controversy if it had Hitler’s rants against the Jews.

Not for you then?

I understand the controversy. But me personally, no.

Freshman are too young for such topics still. But the Holocaust is covered in sophmore years, so most would be mature enough.

High schoolers are more mature than most people give them credit for. They just lack experience.

I read Mein Kampf at 11.

Spin it any way you want, I am not asking you to agree with Hitlers concept of “race” which was very clear he believed in the superiority of the “Aryan race” and the Jews were not included in this concept.

They weren’t persecuted and killed due to their religion but because they were not deemed Aryan hence the racism.

I’m not spinning anything. It’s not racism because Judaism is not a race. Doesn’t make if any less horrible.

It just makes you wrong.

Nope you are wrong because Hitler was motivated by race

However flawed his concept

Kids mature at different rates. I was 13 when I started delving into more controversial topics.

Personally I’ve never read Mein Kampf.