What if conservative teachers taught Critical Abortion Theory to their students?

I don’t know. I never saw them in my high school library, but I never sought them out either.

If I had to guess, no. Those books are too controversial for a high school to have on hand.

Why?

Jews are a people of which their ancestors can be traced back ages.

They might have been the same “race” in your view but they were seen as inferior and their physical characteristics mocked and targeted.

Hitler very much viewed them as inferior and it was not because they believed in Judaism.

Did he only persecute the Jewish people from Judea?

Why a high school wouldn’t have them?

Because parents wouldn’t want little Timmy reading Mein Kampf. There was a controversy over a book having sex in it recently, imagine the controversy if it had Hitler’s rants against the Jews.

Not for you then?

I understand the controversy. But me personally, no.

Freshman are too young for such topics still. But the Holocaust is covered in sophmore years, so most would be mature enough.

High schoolers are more mature than most people give them credit for. They just lack experience.

I read Mein Kampf at 11.

Spin it any way you want, I am not asking you to agree with Hitlers concept of “race” which was very clear he believed in the superiority of the “Aryan race” and the Jews were not included in this concept.

They weren’t persecuted and killed due to their religion but because they were not deemed Aryan hence the racism.

I’m not spinning anything. It’s not racism because Judaism is not a race. Doesn’t make if any less horrible.

It just makes you wrong.

Nope you are wrong because Hitler was motivated by race

However flawed his concept

Kids mature at different rates. I was 13 when I started delving into more controversial topics.

Personally I’ve never read Mein Kampf.

No, he wasn’t. He was motivated by power and needed a common enemy to build a concensus.

There is no need under this law to invoke racism.

1 Like

I’m going to rehash this discussion.

I called the lie to the statement that conservatives don’t give a crap. It’s an abject lie. But you don’t think it is.

I also pointed out that those who make this lie (and you have solidly placed yourself in that crowd) demand that unless something is done their way (namely more government), it doesn’t seem to count in their book. You even pretended to agree that something doesn’t need to come from the government.

You did that right here:

But in the very next sentence went right back to demanding examples from the government:

So it’s really hard for me to take your claims seriously that you really want my opinion.

I gave examples. You don’t like them.

Ask 10 more times. I’ve lost respect for your inquisition here. Stick with the lie that conservatives don’t give a crap. It suits you.

1 Like

Hitler killed Jews who converted to Christianity. Edith Stein is a notable example. It was their ethnicity. Their genetic lineage. Not necessarily their actual religion.

I asked if you could show me how Republicans “give a crap” about the born. As I said, I’m open to learning how they do.

You offered community pregnancy centers as the answer but couldn’t explain how that fit the bill. I asked if you would explain so I could understand but you couldn’t.

After all this back and forth I still don’t see proof Republicans care about the born. And it appears you don’t either.

Thanks for the discussion.

I’ll repeat: “Stick with the lie that conservatives don’t give a crap. It suits you.”

1 Like

Ethnicity is not race.

1 Like

Well that’s a nice nit, but you know the point being made.

Of course I do, and it is a nit. But calling it racism is counterproductive and diminishes actual racism.

Of course calling everything racism is necessary to keep racism alive.

2 Likes