What if conservative teachers taught Critical Abortion Theory to their students?

Fully agree. I see your point.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t paid family leave be a good way to incentivize people to choose carrying a baby to term rather than having an abortion?

If people knew they would be supported-hopefully by family as well as by - policies in the nation they live in, and helped with the task of raising a child, I would think abortions would be less frequent.

Also more or less a nit but isnā€™t this why discrimination against Jews has its own name - antisemitism?

Because being Jewish can be a religious statement or an ethnic statement?

I read it once. That was more than enough for one lifetime.

I think I was 17 at the time. I read The Communist Manifesto and Das Kapital not long after that.

About that, who pays it?

Although Jewish people arenā€™t the only Semites, I think that would be more accurate.

Iā€™d support a hike on my taxes if it helped people have fewer abortions and a better early motherhood.

Would you?

1 Like

Lol Iā€™m a critical thinker who only deal in objective facts, except when I have to defend the state of Texasā€™s government no matter what they do even though I donā€™t believe in the concept of community except when itā€™s the government of Texas which Iā€™m extremely touchy about even though I have nothing to do with it personally and again, I donā€™t believe in any community beyond the individual.

2 Likes

Same people who pay for tanks, planes and guns.

No.
ā€¦

1 Like

Correct.

But I welcome employers to make their own decisions on whether or not to offer that as a benefit.

2 Likes

That would be preferable but for the people who need it most itā€™s just not happening.

So now what?

Cool assertion.

YOU pay for it.

Government isnā€™t the answer.

1 Like

Absolutely.

Nobody ā€œneedsā€ it.

2 Likes

No Need for tax hike. Take the money from military budget. Just 1-2% of that would be plenty.

Yeah. Good point.

Do you advocate for the outlawing of abortion?

Needs paid maternity leave? A single mother or low income family living pay check to pay check do.

How would someone leaving like that be able to pay the rent if they have a baby and need a few weeks to recover?

No business having a baby.