Warning! Warning! Recession Warning!

A lot of GOOD NEW!!! (??) !!! lately about low employment. I’m reminded of a local lib’s thoughts on low unemployment and what it means (when a Republican is President :wink: )

"PUTIN DID IT! :clown_face: "

It will conveniently happen after the midterms. Dems will blame Republicans (and Trump) for the last two disastrous years of the left Making America Last Again. :wink:

2 Likes

One can only hope?

:grin::grin:

1 Like

Regardless the possibility of recession the year after is predicted like every year but i am not an economist nor will i pretend to understand the exact red flags that those who understand the topic better read into it.

But yes it is entirely possible that a recession will happen under a Democrat president this year or next one or the one after

3 Likes

Recessions are part of the economic cycle, just like speculative bubbles. The smart recognize this and recognize the warning signs of both. Living within one’s means, or not, is a better indicator of how well an individual (family) will do.

5 Likes

Sell! Sell. Sell?

2 Likes

Absolutely! It’s why I practice minimalism. I see people like teachers bitching about how poor they are while going to Disney 2 or 3 times a year, and making daily trips to Starbucks and Panera Bread. They could save hundreds a month if they’d learn to cook and buy a coffee maker.

5 Likes

I’ve been saving and not buying a thing because all of these toys people are buying with “stimulus money”, like boats, RVs, side by sides, trailers, sea-doos etc., will all be coming up for sale very soon for cents on the dollar.

8 Likes

What is it with this singling out of teachers lately?

It’s like there’s this unconscious effort to make sure there’s no one left to educate the next generation.

You know teachers who go to Disney World 3 times a year and complain about being poor? Let’s hope they get an in-state discount.

1 Like

Lately?

Lol

Oh and I can also sum up such thinking as this (which I know will get misinterpreted but it’s simply reality so…whatever):

They were just the first ones who came to mind who always complain about their pay. I’m friends with several of them on FB and many of them go to either Disney World or somewhere else in Florida for Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter breaks. They also post pics of their Smurfberry Crunch Frappucinos they get every day to help them deal with kids.

3 Likes

No ma’am, they are from Kentucky so no discounts I know of.

1 Like

Oh, the delight I felt when I first realized that cooking whole foods was not only waaaaaay tastier, but also way cheaper. lol

6 Likes

I’m pretty happy with the renovations I’ve done around the house. If you must spend, spend wisely. :wink:

2 Likes

While we obviously can’t believe the media’s reporting on a global pandemic or vaccine efficacy, we certainly can believe their reporting on an impending recession while a dem is in the White House.

1 Like

Yes! My grocery bills have gone way down since I stopped buying processed junk. I only have one bag of garbage week as well.

2 Likes

Smurfberry… :rofl:

2 Likes

They listed many different reasons for the maybe recession. The war is one of them. Reading is fundamental

:clown_face::clown_face: