Warning! Warning! Recession Warning!

The hardest part now is trying not to buy too much. Nothing I hate more than a hunk of meat going to waste. :rofl:

4 Likes

Here’s a link with the opposite view.

“historical patterns deserve some weight and the overheated job market has caused a meaningful increase in the risk of recession, according to Goldman Sachs economists. As a result, they assign roughly 15% odds to a recession in the next 12 months and 35% within the next 24 months”

Only a 35% chance according to Goldman Sachs.

Hardly a sure thing as predicted by the OP.

Will revisit the subject in 2 years or when a recession happens, whatever comes first.

Allan

I go through about 5 pounds of ground beef, 2 pounds of either steak or pork chops, 18 eggs, 3 pounds of bacon, 2 pounds of baby spinach, and 3 pounds of chicken per week. At current prices that totals about $60 a week in groceries. I meal prep twice a week.
In about 5 months my house will be my only debt. I could live on 30k a year if needed. Whenever the ■■■■ hits the fan folks in McMansions who never cook and own all kinds of toys are the ones looking for psychiatrists to write them scripts for antidepressants. ■■■■ the rat race.
Like the Police said, we’re all just spirits in the material world. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

BTW the chart in your OP doesn’t include the the COVID fueled recession of 2020.

Allan

Debt is definitely a racket for suckers of all walks of life. Every last bit of it is predatory, manipulative trash. Grandma did it the right way, so I did too, and also have no debt with a growing savings account.

I also recently opened my first >million dollar life insurance policy. The family is set, and I’m lifting more than I have in over a decade.

I’ve been honing in on my preferences with this keto nonsense, and it turns out I’m just fine with steak, eggs, bacon, avocado, tomato, asparagus, and sauerkraut every day. There’s organic supplements involved for sure, but they’re also cheaper than veggies over time.

I need to stay lean and steady this decade. :wink:

4 Likes

Totally getting blamed on Putin, though.

2 Likes

I am 73 and no ways short of funds. But not spending money is just an inbred habit for me. I cannot imagine spending over five dollars for coffee when my coffee maker makes it just as good. I hold on to cars for years and wear shirts till they have holes. It’s not that I have to, it’s just that I could not be happy any other way.
Now if my kids want a $6 dollar drink at Starbucks or more than one pair of shoes at a time…no problem.

6 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got it figured out! I lift 5-6 mornings a week at 0-dark-thirty and am also getting leaner for this coming decade as well.

1 Like

Outstanding, that’s the right way to live, and the mainstream will think you are weird for it. Screw 'em. I’m with you on cars and clothes; I run them until they fall apart. Likewise, I’ll indulge occasionally.

1 Like

If “some” teachers that’s perverting the next generation then we as a society don’t need em or want em.

2 Likes

Need to get yourself a Conan to solve that problem. :wink:

2 Likes

No worries, the youngest one is only getting bigger. lol

LOL a Barbarian of your very own. Cool. :grin:

2 Likes

Well, technically my third barbarian. lol

2 Likes

As your nutritionist, I would recommend a little less meat and a lot more veggie.

How’s your cholesterol?

How’s your cholesterol?

I’ve been struggling with mine for about 3 years. Can’t figure it out. Don’t each much meat, do eat a lot of eggs…been cutting out fried food, but still enjoy chips and fries now and then. But I have friends eating pounds of red meat, and they are fine…

Everything in my blood work is perfect.

Cholesterol is what your body uses to create the membranes in every living cell. It’s also how the body manufactures testosterone.

This should really be common knowledge too.

1 Like

Yeah, I know what it is!!

I’m just trying to get mine down a little…don’t really want to go on statins at this age.

That would be the stupidest thing you could possibly do for your electrolytes (which are likely already out of balance due to deficiency).

1 Like

How do you measure your electrolytes? They aren’t on my regular blood panels - I don’t think. Unless it’s a different name?

How do statins mess with electrolytes?