Two pressing questions for the Biden Administration on Afghanistan

Because I don’t agree with either nation building and endless wars

Nobody’s asking you to go. We’ve had troops in Germany and Japan for 75 years. Korea for 70.

Do you not know US troop strength on 1 Jul 2021?

1 Like

Is this not you?

Absolutely it is. Peace is not the absence of conflict. If the ANA wasn’t ready, obviously they weren’t, then leaving the 1 Jul 2021 troop strength doesn’t hurt anything for another 50 years or so.

As long as it’s the right people.

Before last week, we hadn’t had a casualty in how long? What exactly do you think we were doing all that time?

1 Like

:thinking:…

It looks like you liked the idea last year

Last year the West Point Protective Association told us the ANA was ready.

I’m in favor of getting the Army out of A-stan. If they need to leave some special guys there, I’m cool with that too.

Do you not know US troop strength on 1 Jul 2021?

So you were for the withdrawal up until tje time where everything sctually went to ■■■■■

I’m not on the ground there. Never been there. Withdrawal? Everybody? Mmmmm. I have no problem with leaving advisors in place if it’s the right thing to do and we can get them out.

Do you not know US troop strength on 1 Jul 2021? What were they doing?

But yeah.

I do not. I know that date was 16 months after Trump signed the withdrawal agreement. And that by that point most of villages had long since surrendered to the Taliban in their own negotiations.

About 2,500.

Trying to smear the paint?

Why do you think “villages” matter?

Is that enough to retake the country after they surrendered all the weapons we gave them to the Taliban?

It was enough to hold it until two weeks ago.

The Taliban controlled everyrhing but Kabul 2 weeks ago. The country was already theirs by the time Trump left. It just wasn’t official yet

Sure, sure. A month then.

The Taliba had about 70% of the country…

Correction:. On July 26th it was 50%

And on the 1st?

Article published June 5th

The Taliban were planning this for the last 2 years. Maybe Trump shouldn’t of negotiated the terms of our withdrawal with the Taliban and instead coordinated with the Afghans on how we were going to work together after we left

Don’t get me wrong. Biden ■■■■■■ it up bad. Taking out air support first is moronic but maybe if he wasn’t denied security briefings for 2 months he wouldn’t of been caught so flat footed. His transition team’s 1st real briefing from the Pentagon wasn’t until January 1st

So approximately the same number of American lives lost there.