Trumps administration pandemic response

I think that they were very slow to react to it. It wasn’t until it was already raging that they notified the world. To be honest, I am surprised the rest of the orient is not more largely effected. In the 4 provinces around Hubei, there are slightly more than 1000 cases in each. And right in the middle is Hubei and Wuhan…and there are 65,000+ cases there. So for there to not be at least 10,000 cases in the surrounding 4 provinces…is short of amazing to me.

Not being a jerk here, but virus’ are not immune to antibiotics…They simply are not a bacteria and thus antibiotics have no affect at all…It would be like taking an anti-depressant to treat blood pressure issues. But to that end…I get you point. The treatment is manage the symptoms, manage the fever, and try to support the rest of the bodies systems so there is no system failure. You know keep the kidney’s and liver from shutting down…that sort of thing.

I was think infection etc. I’m not medical expert nor do I pretend to be one.

I do know we’re having problem with things we treat with antibiotics are becoming less effective.

Right and then you folks would want his head on a platter for refusing to answer.

Could be, we’ll have to see if she passed it on to anyone else. Fortunately every passenger and crew member on those flights can be tracked down pretty easily.

Oh I absolutely agree. When I was a kid my mom never took us to the doctor. I would get sore throats my tonsils would get infected and then she’s just make us take baby aspiring, the yummy orange flavored chewables, then we’d have to stay under a blanket (usually more like three) and sweat it out. To this day, I never get sick, except for the occasional sinus infection due to a deviated septum. I believe it was because of how my mom nursed us back to health…good old fashioned doctoring. Sweat it out. Today people feel bad…Doc give me an antibiotic…

That doesn’t work all the time.

He’s absolutely correct so who’s the idiot in this equation?

Even if you contract it 90% won’t get seriously ill and less than 3% can be expected to die.

This is a Corona virus not rabies.

Basically what we did…after couple of days if we didn’t get better then we went.

Only thing I know was basic EMS/EMR or whatever it was called back in later half of 70’s for volunteer fire and first response, then I move to Florida and that ended that.

Oh edit to add, I think everyone should have some sort of training. But today people just look, stand around and do nothing. Nobody want to “get” involved.

Total different era.

Just as I pointed out a week ago the problem is so bad in China it’s affecting the supply chain. It was predicted a week ago that as a result the economy would probably slow in the 2nd Quarter and there’s a possibility of a 3rd quarter recession as a result.

Stock prices rise and fall in anticipation of future economic conditions.

Nothing Trump can do or say can prevent this, all they can do is try to keep people from panicking which would likely lead to a stock market crash.

Antibiotics? Really dude?

Good point. Thankfully Hillary lost.

Political masturbation, it’s not going anywhere.

And it’s dangerous to cause a panic over something that may never happen.
No matter what Trump and anyone else does there will be those on the left who complain for no other reason than partisanship and hate.
Same as many on the left that drag the dead bodies of a mass shooting through the streets before they are even at the morgue. The left are using this are a way to drag bodies through the streets before there is even one death.
Honestly what we need is for everyone to put their partisanship and hate aside and let the people in charge do their jobs. They don’t need me, you or anyone else hovering over them and second guessing everything they do or say.
The public will never be prepared for a crisis .
All you have to do is look back at hurricanes and anything else that the government has given people advance warning of what was going to happen.
Also we don’t need a panic with every tom, dick and harry running to the ER every time they sneeze because they are scared they have coronavirus causing more lives to be lost because our health care providers are busy taking care of people who aren’t sick.
It’s incredibly dangerous what some on the left are doing.

I agree with almost everything you said, but last night we had the president blaming the Democrats debate for the market drop, that does not inspire confidence.

Hell just read this thread. Democrats are doing all they can to incite panic over this outbreak when so far we only have a handful of cases in the US and Zero Deaths.

3 Likes

Well, ideally, as the head of DHS, he would know some facts about the crisis we are facing, but I would much prefer someone not answer than to answer incorrectly.

Which would you prefer?

a) Know the answer
b) Answer incorrectly
c) Anser “I don’t know that”

I would prefer a, c, b in that order.

The virus is not a law enforcement or terrorism issue. If they want to grill someone for exact details they should have the Head’s of the NIH and CDC appear.

Way to go out on a limb and point out that this would affect the supply chain. You did also say this six days ago:

1 Like

Oh, I see. You aren’t familiar with the mission of the DHS.

Here you go:

1 Like

Actually jus the other day you said the supply chain wouldn’t be effected right away because most companies had switched to factories ousted of china and most companies stockpile inventories.

I’ll try to find the post.