Another recession warning

Rape
Racism
Russia
Recession
Recycle

1 Like

For which exactly? GDP numbers are posted quarterly and they were on the plus side for the entire year.

China manufactures a great many components that go into manufactured goods produced in other countries. The stories on how the CV is affecting the supply chain can be found from virtually any reliable source of broadcast, print, or electronic business news.

Confidence leads to activity. If the first is positive so will the second for the cited period barring some unforeseen economic disaster.

It wasn’t even off 1% for the week.

GDP is a lagging indicator.

CV is already affecting some sectors.

12 week lead time for new Macs now.

And GDP was positive for the full year just as I said.

Durable goods orders are all positive, real median income is rising and interest rates are not rising because inflation is flat.

Nothing indicates a recession is looming on the horizon.

But Mah Mac!

1 Like

Point? I made a statement that this indicator dropped stocks a decent amount today. Which actually had to do with the op. Your post is irrelevant.

The drop for the day was under .8%

-227 when it’s at 29000 is nothing.

Actually nothing would be a drop of 0.000000%.

Pedantry is probably one of the contributing factors to Australia’s inability to rise out of the Gap.

2 Likes

I do think that another recession is coming, but I don’t think it will happen until after Trump is reelected.

Take heart, @Adam! Almost back up to over 29,000 already! We will rebuild!

:wink:

3 Likes

Rape…

1 Like

let’s just never stop warning about upcoming recessions. this way when one eventually does arrive (an actual one, not the one you ll hear all about this summer) we’ll be right

1 Like

My guess we are going to see some signs of not just a recession but another major depression coming soon that a few “experts” will tell us about in say, late October.

4 Likes

Thanks, added. I knew I was forgetting at least one.

1 Like

Roustabouts!

3 Likes

Is it at all awkward, uncomfortable, weird in any way for lefties to be endlessly cheerleading bad news.

If you wanna worry about the economy you should be worrying about the nonsense being proposed by the guy who just won the Dem caucus in Nevada.

1 Like