Is the Coronavirus panic really necessary?

It’s called math.

No, it’s called blind arrogance.

The biggest factors in patient survival are early detection and quality medical care.

The People in China got neither.

We don’t know nuttin bout no maths.

But we do know how to win a Presidential election. :slightly_smiling_face: :us:

Im talking about the US only genio. For just cases in the U.S. (not repatriated) we are at almost 5% mortality

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html

So with very limited cases and all our healthcare at its maximum and focused… someone has already died.

Not good, there is no reason to expect our rates to be dramatically different from the worlds.

The CDC admitted they gave out the wrong information. But who cares. Male or female the victim was in very poor health before becoming infected. That has been the predominant fatality … elderly and/or in poor health.

By the way, he is your leader too, whether you like it or not.

Yes he was in poor health. Possibly kidney failure.

So the CDC gave him bad information. Shall we fire them all?

Yep, they said he was on Dialysis.

Yes … someone who was in very poor health prior to being infected.

“The patient was a man in his 50s who had “significant, chronic, underlying health conditions,” said Jeff Duchin, health officer for Seattle and King counties, during a CDC press briefing.”

In the mean time " Seasonal flu kills 291,000 to 646,000 people worldwide each year."

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=208914

Now you can panic.

I’m simply discussing facts and current statistics.

I guess “this is a hoax” really is the new marching orders?

I know quite a few people who would be in the population at high risk if this spreads, and all signs say it will.

The seasonal flu appears to be 20x less likely to be an issue for them. It matters to me.

No you are not. You are bloviating.

And where have I ever suggested that its a hoax? Where has anyone here suggested that its a hoax?

It this continues to spread like the seasonal flu it will be devastating.

No you’re simply fear mongering and furthering the actual hoax, the media over hyping the story for political purposes.

I heard Trump say it, which is why I believe he said it. I believe what Trump says. Apparently you don’t.

Listen to the man sometime. He is my President. Is he yours?

So what? I’m almost 73. Don’t talk to me about not being at high risk of dying from the flu. I may be at less chance of dying from the seasonal flu than from coronavirus, but my chances of catching it are orders of magnitude greater.

For now.

Meh … the world population could use a good purging.

No you didn’t. At best you heard what you wanted to hear rather than what he actually said.

Then you see a tweet that is a lie and start repeating it as though it were gospel.

1 Like