Trump Suggests Delaying Election

Neat. Your link doesn’t support the claims you made with it at all.

Anyway, the question posed to you was:

Who’s wrong, Cornyn or you? Is Trump joking or do you take him at his word and support his calls to delay the election?

2 Likes

The election will take place on time and all the whining in the world by either side will not change the results. If Trump loses he will depart the White House on time.

Words are not deeds, especially not his.

Then no words matter and we shouldn’t care what anyone says. A society can’t function that way.

Ok. Argumentum ad absurdum, but I’m fine with it. Pendulum needs to swing back anyway.

Your society isn’t functioning.

And the response, from your own link, was this:

“Looking at U.S. history, it is clear that there is no precedent for postponing a national presidential election, even in the midst of foreign or domestic wars. Moreover, the President lacks the constitutional authority to alter or postpone a national election; the election timetable is specified by statute of Congress as authorized by the Constitution.”

Thanks for playing.

1 Like

Do i seriously think trump will try and delay the election? Doubtful

is trump feeding his base this type of information to set up the narrative he didnt lose the 2020 election? Very much

7 Likes

11 Sept 2001 was the primary one given, but the tv pundits forgot that was for a mayoral election, not a presidential one.

You think the tv pundits are going to remember that they asked about postponing a national presidential election back in 2012? LMMFAO!

I’m confused - You wrote

But when ask for example of “the media springing into action citing precedents for postponing elections” you simply point out no link, no examples, simply a statement of the mayor election after 9/11? (Which, BTW, was a primary, not a general, and was actually scheduled ON 9/11).

The internet existed in 2012.
So since you stated that

you should have no issues finding examples.

1 Like

We shall see.

At the very least Trump will continue to reinforce non-shared reality between sides by attempting to delegitimize a loss in the eyes of his supporters.

The cycle will continue.

This part needs to be hammered endlessly until these nonsense claims of mail-in fraud stop. It’s a hysteria narrative designed to get Trump’s base into a twist, and man does it work.

The cycle? Of de-legitimization? Of course it will. Every election since Bush II.

Yes that was what the opening paragraph of your link said.

And then the link cited precisely ZERO links to the media “springing into action” to do this.

I’m not sure we would necessarily find that world more appealing than the one we have.

How substantively different would Gore’s response to 9/11 have been?

And he was a wonky wonk…those guys are not necessarily well suited to deal with a crisis.

PS Much of the world is the way it is because Bill,Clinton’s foreign policy sucked ass.

He would have put the virus in a lock box.

It wouldn’t have been at all different. Fauci would still be in the chair.

OK that made me laugh because when I read that I heard that sentence in Gore’s voice.

1 Like

20 years ago. But still, just about anyone would have done a better job than Trump has with this pandemic. He continues to bungle the nation’s response every single day.

Your opinion on that conflict has nothing to do with de-legitimization of elections.

Stay on topic please.