Trump’s ‘operation warp-speed’ to create coronavirus vaccine pays off! Thank You President Trump!

It’s getting to like back in the days when I would argue with 9/11 truthers because I am a Masochist. The same debunked arguments would be made over and over and over by the same people.

Groundhog Day.

2 Likes

Yep. Groundhog Day. Except now we are continuing to lose the equivalent of 9/11 lives every 3 days.

That’s not necessarily true and you know it. They were stamping covid on death certificates for hospice patients. I’ve personally experienced loved ones who’ve died of cancer, marked covid, family arguing with the nurse staff about cause of death. 2 million people died last year, 2 million will also die this year. Will some die from covid, yes unfortunately so. But the willingness of the left to politicize a cause of death and declare some deaths wouldn’t take place so they can blame it on one man is macabre and legitimately insane. Burning through victims of this pandemic while gleefully checking off the dead to make political points is soulless.

2 Likes

I hear you, Brother. I am just not ready to give up on that many people. Hopefully Biden wins and heads begin to clear a bit from all the fog that comes from his mouth.

I sort of understand why folks are so compelled to follow him, at least in my opinion. This country is very different from the one I grew up in. When I was a kid, we made fun of people, we discriminated against them. Gay people stayed in the closet. That was America.

Now, if you turn on the TV and watch commercials, almost every family is biracial. Gay couples are depicted. What was once taboo has been normalized and if you don’t like it, you have to keep it to yourself or get ostracized. Some folks really hate this.

This country has changed so much that the GOP is facing an existential crisis, how are they going to survive in the next 10 or 20 years when Texas is turning blue? Once it does, will any GOP candidate ever win the Presidency? Well, right now they have Trump. He can pack the courts and even if they cannot win elections, they can still shape the country via the judicial system for decades.

Trump is simply a means to that end. Now, you have to validate why you support him that doesn’t seem so mercenary, which is why we see the apologies and rationalizations that you do. If he were a Democrat and doing the same exact thing, the GOP would be up in arms over his antics.

When he is gone, hopefully that fever passes and we can all agree to disagree and work together.

Hopefully.

9 Likes

That’s the most accurate part of your post and you really don’t know, how much you don’t know.

It has everything to do with the number of lives lost that you attempt to blame on Trump. Now…mediate on that.

1 Like

The CDC did not develop the H1N1 vaccine.

CSL Limited, Novartis, and Sanofi Pasteur did. MedImmune came up with the nasal spray.

The Michigan protests and subsequent tweets were in response to the perception of arbitrary restrictions imposed by the governor. Sailboats allowed; motorboats prohibited for example. And the prohibition on church attendance.

We had people “on the ground” in China when the virus manifested there. They were shut out by the Chinese. Whether there are 14 or 140 is irrelevant if the Chinese won’t share information. Fauci tried to rely on personal relationships, but underestimated Chinese politics.

This rewriting of “history” for political purposes, the creation of a new narrative in the will to power, is part and parcel of postmodernism.

2 Likes

The CDC identified influenza A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)v-like virus as the causative virus. Multiple manufacturers then made vaccines using the same techniques for the seasonal flu vaccine.

That isn’t quite right. I have been reading about the whole “6%” thing quite a bit, that only 6 percent of COVID deaths are actually from COVID and the rest would have occurred anyways.

But just because the patient in question has underlying health issues, one cannot infer that they would die this year from that disorder. Hypertensives can be treated for decades, as well as diabetics.

What you are looking for is excess deaths.

Meaning, given the average and expected death rate in the United States, what has been the excess death rate?

Fortunately, there are sources for this.

This is US data, which shows there was an excess of deaths starting in late March and peaking in April, in which excess deaths were 40% above expected death rates. This leveled off to around 20% excess deaths though June and July and now is showing a drop in excess deaths in late August.

So, the argument that if not for COVID these patients would have died anyway is not accurate in the least.

But, you may infer, a lot of these patients were old and in nursing homes, they may not have died this year but it would be soon. And younger patients aren’t as affected.

There is a chart for that as well!

Older Americans, especially over the age of 85, did have an excess death rate of over 50% over previous years and expected mortalities, but those under 65 still had an excess death rate of over 30%, which is nothing to sneeze at. (pun intended)

I hope this helps. As you can see, COVID is real, the deaths are real, and no one is gleefully adding deaths to make the President lose an election. These are real human beings dying and they are dying from COVID.

6 Likes

Glad we could agree. And with COVID Canadians won the race and multiple manufacturers are developing vaccines.

What’s the criticism?

Nor can one claim they would not have.

Great overall post Torey. Especially this part I cut out from it. It is devastating that we are losing this many of our fellow Americans to this pandemic. There is no glee. These are real people, with real families and real suffering. Add to this that so many of these folks who have died had to spend the last few days and hours in complete isolation, where they cannot even have physical contact with their loved ones to say goodbye, and it is all the more tragic and heart-breaking.

I agree.

What some are doing is keeping the economy shut down to win an election.

2 Likes

Thanks. An interesting aside, there are folks here who seem to think that the numbers are being inflated to hurt the President. While this is farcical on its face, when you look at the numbers it seems that the US suffered more than 244,000 excess deaths between 1 March and 16 August, compared to 169k confirmed COVID deaths during that period – a difference of 75,000 deaths.

Meaning, if anything, we are undercounting them.

6 Likes

Excellent post

1 Like

I held a lot of patient’s hands while they passed away, and it tore my heart out.

This isn’t political, this isn’t opportunistic, this is personal.

7 Likes

Indeed. I have long read about these discrepancies in counts between COVID fatalities and excess deaths, and have believed that we have likely undercounted by a fair amount. Especially from the early months of the pandemic, when we were still trying to get our heads collectively wrapped around this thing. Couple that with the resistance from several of the GOP-led States to initially share their data on infections and fatalities, and it makes the most sense that we are over what is reported. Which is very unfortunate, as that is even more lost souls to this horrific disease.

1 Like

Thanks. I have just been seeing this a lot lately and figured I would put something cogent together to address it in a fairly definitive manner.

Whether one acknowledges it and accepts the basic math is entirely up to the individual, but facts are pesky things.

Interesting to note the current drop to minus 10 percent and beyond. Poised to balance the peak in April.

I have to correct this a bit. When I started going over the chart I assumed the top mortality rate was the 85 plus group. They actually came in 3rd place! The worst bump in mortality is actually the 65-74 group.

Very interesting.