Trump Falsely Says Law Prevents Him Releasing Tax Returns Under Audit

AOC is cool…

My guess that Trump will fold after being told he has no legal grounds to refuse and they will be released. His lie about about being audited constantly will be proven to be false.

His supporters won’t care.

Ultimately the courts will decide.

Obstruction.

And then the House will move to impeach the Treasury Secretary and/or hold them in contempt.

Fat Donald’s tax returns will end up on the desk of the House Democrats on way or another.

It is the law.

Fat Donald will not stop it.

You are delusional if you think otherwise.

The Secretary serves at the pleasure of the President. The President will make the decision. The Secretary can then execute that decision or resign.

We only have to look back to Holder’s contempt of congress to see that it would be an empty meaningless action.

It doesn’t say the law prevents him, just that it’s on his side. Two things with very different meanings than what’s being portrayed by the title, and the other 100 googlable articles being pumped out right now.

Nonsense.

You are clearly talking out of your nether regions. But that’s common for you and other Trumpists when the law begins to close around the neck of Fat Donald.

Trumpists get desperate.

They make up lies to protect their God.

It is pathetic, but it’s what we have come to expect from the Cult of Fat Donald.

Or he can follow his oath and Trump can fire him if he doesn’t like it.

The law is not on Fat Donald’s side.

From the article:

President Donald Trump said erroneously that the law is on his side to fight House Democrats’ attempts to see his personal and business tax returns.

The law is on the side of the House Ways and Means Committee.

Yep! Long after Trump has been reelected. That’s really what this is all about. Trump must be stopped at all cost, including impeachment.

The courts will decide. My bet is that DEMS won’t see Trump’s tax returns. :wink:

The Secretary can’t simply do what he wants, and won’t.

No he won’t.

He’s not a dictator no matter how much as he styles himself to be.

He can try and find some grounds to hold it up in court but the ultimate decision will not be his.

Your opinion. Now take that opinion and apply it to the title, and there’s your discrepancy. You’re calling the president a liar with no just cause. You’re saying he said this____but meant this____ and that’s not how this works.

Gateway Pundit has a story up about AOC using a ‘fake accent’. Expect to see a thread later

History has shown trump is a proven chronic liar that backs down from confrontation at the drop of a hat…

So my bet is on trumps taxes being handed over pretty quickly…

Congress has oversight of the executive departments via the necessary and proper clause. Learn2Constitution.

1 Like

So Trump would be obstructing what exactly? DEM efforts to destroy him? I guess the only recourse would be for the House to impeach him. You must know that is exactly what they will be doing next year. :wink: