Trump asked sessions to reverse his recusal

So you agree that numerous members of the Trump campaign are shown to have lied about numerous meetings with Russians but the point of contention is that we don’t have absolute proof that they all coordinated their decisions to lie? Interesting.

You’ll have to fill me in. I read a bit here but nothing comes to mind. It’s a standard psychological term.

you are correct, only Sessions knows his own actions during the 2016 campaign.

I’ve been clear as a bell, since Sessions was in the best position to know, if he thought anything he did during the election process might present any conflicts of interest at all, he should have turned down Trump’s offer to make him the US AG. It’s just that simple.

BornAgainChristian, he uses that phrase in pretty much every single post he makes. Oddly enough, in his mindless rambling he just randonly throws the phrase in like it’s an adjective.

As if any politician is going to do something about their behavior until it comes into the light of day.

Believe it or not the AG typically doesn’t directly oversee individual FBI investigations.

Sessions volunteered to resign after the first big round of Trump bashing him in public and private. His resignation was not accepted at the time by Trump. As you stated earlier, Trump made his own bed on this one, and now has to live with the consequences of his decision.

1 Like

Haha. Did it start a couple years ago? Is he maybe a Scott Adams fan? I know that guy’s big on the phrase but I’m pretty sure he doesn’t actually know the correct definition either.

Sessions was the first Senator to endorse Trump and I believe the only one during the primary and an enthusiastic member of the campaign and also a big supporter of Trump’s actual agenda. Trump may be just smart enough to realize that it’s very unlikely he could get someone more loyal to him confirmed by the Senate. That’s assuming he’d even know who to pick because almost by chance he seems to have picked an FBI director with at least a moderate amount of integrity.

1 Like

A man of integrity would have.

He was actively involved in the Trump campaign. The actions of people in the Trump campaign are under investigation by the DOJ, of which he leads. Therefore he recused himself from this investigation. This isn’t rocket science my friend.

And there lies your problem. Nobody with a shred of integrity would willingly associate themselves with Trump

Was that just more unnamed sourced rumors, or have Trump and Sessions confirmed this?

Plenty of people view their position in government as serving the nation, and the people.

Exactly. Although I don’t think it is Trump’s smarts that have created this situation. It’s likely people in his office, like McGahn, along with Republican Senators telling him what is reality.

His job to see that there is a legitimate basis to an investigation.

Oh. Then he didn’t recuse himself from anything?

Unfortunately our President is not one of those people. He’s under false impression that the Attorney General is his personal attorney

This administration leaks like a sieve. If you don’t believe it that’s fine.

1. IN a case like Sessions, it was apparently a minor meeting in public and could have been forgotten about.
  2. There is a certain pressure to not have talked to a Russian, since the media tended to go hysterical when this happens. For those who tend to lie, there could be a common motive without a conspiracy.