Tracking the Coronavirus

If you want to do that, go for it.

Could you explain why you want to do that, though?

Think back to your military days. If you’re going in to enemy territory, would you want to know where the enemy was 2 days ago, or would you want to know where they are now?

In one year from now, the CDC will be cited for the numbers on this fiasco, not John Hopkins.

If you go to the Johns Hopkins website, which is updated every 8 hours or so, you can click on the dots and they’ll tell you what’s happening at that location.

You can also use the plus/minus signs at the far right of the map to zoom in on a particular area.

If you’re only interested in one specific county, just do a google search on the name of that county and coronavirus, and I expect there’ll be some source out there that will say. Just make sure you look for the date of the source to make sure it’s current.

1 Like

That’s a year from now.

Why would you not want to report on the most current stats, today?

These official stats are just fine as they are updated. It’s not a life and death situation for me to prefer John Hopkins over the CDC. They will all match up soon enough.

We will also have references in this forum to compare with the final determinations after everything is said and done.

agreed…but if you are going to be keeping track of numbers for any kind of analysis…like I am doing here at work…it is best to just stick with one source…so if you like CDC go with it and stay with it. I personally choose Johns Hopkins, as they have been collecting and posting the data from the very get go. So that is what I have been following since Early February…and it is what I will continue to follow.

1 Like

Exactly. Bad form mixing one set of statistics with the other. I made my choice of source two weeks ago I think.

Stats from the Johns Hopkins website, which is the most up to date.

Stats for 3/25/20, 7:54 mountain

China -------------------81,661. …3,285 dead. …4% rate
Italy----------------------69,176…6,820. …9%
USA---------------------55,238…802 dead…1.4%
Spain.------------------47,610…3,434 dead…7% rate
Germany--------------34,009…172 dead. …0.5% rate
Iran---------------------27,017…2,077 dead. …7%
France-----------------22,637…1,102 dead. …4%
Switzerland.----------10,456…145 dead (Just passed South Korea in cases) 1.3%
South Korea.----------9,137…126 dead. .1.37% rate
Australia.----------------2,264…8 dead… 0.3%

Trying to put things into nice neat columns but this site is not WYSYWYG!

Ah, I’d forgotten you’d pointed this out earlier.

1 Like

That’s almost decimated.

Is CDC getting their numbers from States Departments of Health? If so…I know Indiana only updates at 10 am EST. but other states might not update until later.

All I know is what’s on their website…they report on the numbers collected as from 4 pm the previous day, and they’re not guaranteeing the accuracy of their numbers since states have taken over their own testing from them, apparently. I guess they’ll only be reporting results of tests they themselves do?

As for Johns Hopkins, I know they update several times a day.

They don’t specify exactly how they compile their numbers, but according to the map they’re compiling them from the following sources: Data sources: WHO, CDC, ECDC, NHC, DXY, 1point3acres, Worldometers.info, BNO, state and national government health departments, and local media reports

So I guess their numbers are only as good as the numbers they get from their external sources.

Update at 1:12 pm Mountain

China -------------------81,661. …3,285 dead. …4% rate NC
Italy ----------------------74,386…7,503. …10%
USA ---------------------61,167…849 dead…1.4%
Spain .------------------47,610…3,434 dead…7% rate NC
Germany --------------37,066…205 dead. …0.5% rate
Iran ---------------------27,017…2,077 dead. …7% NC
France -----------------22,654…1,102 dead. …4%
Switzerland .----------10,897…153 dead …1.3%
South Korea .----------9,137…126 dead. .1.37% rate NC
Australia .----------------2,364…8 dead… 0.3%

NC = no change

As of right now, the CDC is reporting 54,453 known cases and 737 known deaths on their website.

That is a 1.35% known mortality rate.

Possible pump and dump pattern starting.

Why do you suspect this?

Just leaving a timestamp for the first time it crossed my mind.

But why did it cross your mind now?

You look at the numbers and think they’re being artifically inflated?

What gave rise to that suspicion now as opposed to any other day this month since March 6 when I started tracking the numbers reported?

I’m watching the math happen. I made no predictions.

I’m not asking for a prediction.

At this point in time, it has crossed your mind that the numbers are being artificially inflated.

It didn’t happen yesterday, it happened today.

I’m just curious, why has it crossed your mind today that there might be a pump and dump going on?

I spoke of a pattern, not an action. Don’t think too hard about it.