Toxic masculinity and white privilige. What to do?

Nope. It’s just a political term designed to divide. But you are free to use it. If you think it helps your cause. But normal everyday people do not accuse people of toxic masculinity. Wingnuts do. Just as I am just as free not to accept devisive psycho-babble. And I am now officially bored with the Incel thing so I’m moving on. We’re gonna have to disagree. And I’m cool with that. Are you?

Hope that helps.

Who knew that adding a descriptor modifying a concept to distinguish what all would consider to be destructive behavior would cause so much consternation to some?

2 Likes

Who knew? You did. Everyone did. The term was created by bitter people for political purposes. You know, vote for women, they don’t have toxic masculinity. Unless she is a republican. Then you can’t vote for her cuz she’s a racist. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. But it has been epic failure.

You are projecting a bit.

You are assuming that all masculinity is to be viewed as toxic. When that is not the case at all.

What it is describing is a false… or toxic form of masculinity that is destructive and harmful.

The refusal to understand this very simple concept is really wierd.

And I think your brain has been so poisoned by liberal groupthink that you are incapable of a single independent thought. You have bought the whole package in its entirety. Your masters say it, and you repeat it. Which is beyond weird. You are frustrated that you can’t convince me to join the lemmings.

There. The obligatory insult exchange. You happy now?

No… I accept it because as a concept it makes complete sense.

It is using language to delineate what is considered poor and destructive behaviors from positive ones.

You can use any words that you want to describe the destructive concepts that incels adhere to. We will both be talking about the same thing.

It is about finding a common vocabulary so we all know what we are talking about.

And… I didn’t insult you.

And I’m okay with your point of view! I just don’t accept for myself. It’s groupthink hogwash. But I hope your next presidential candidate emphasizes it. :yum:
Are you cool with my point of view?

I am.

We do agree though that whatever feeds the motivation behind incels is destructive… right?

I’m bored with Incel talk. Incel is not the topic,

You are misunderstanding the entire concept of what “toxic masculinity” is.

It’s not an insult, or a label, or an accusation. It’s not a “way to judge people based on gender”.

You are seeking victimization.

1 Like

No… but toxic masculinity is the topic.

Incels are the low hanging fruit when talking about masculinity that is toxic.

It literally the distillation of the concept in its easiest form to grasp.

Yet you don’t want to acknowledge it.

Why is that?

Sorry Doc. You are making an assumption. That is not my intent at all. If you are a real doc you should not be making amateur assumptions. If you want to know what I am seeking. You may ask. I have never held back before. Wanna try again?

I am making an observation, based on your posting habits.

Why do you take offense at the term “toxic masculinity”, if not to feel victimized by it?

Try this. Try not focusing on my posting habits. Try focusing on the topic. I have a little trick that works great for me. Unless it is absolutely necessary to the conversation avoid using the word “you.” Always be the last one, not the first one to judge the motivations of the person. If personal crap starts, make sure you are not the one who starts it. Do I screw this up from time to time? Of course. But it helps me stay within the forum guide line of discussing topics, not people.

Good luck Doc! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is your thread on toxic masculinity, is it not?

You have repeatedly claimed that you see the term as an insult, an accusation, a way to divide people and judge people according to gender, have you not?

I am discussing your topic - specifically, the fact that you don’t understand what the term means. It’s not an insult, or a way to judge anyone. It’s not a label.

“Toxic masculinity” is a description of a set of thoughts - not a person, or a gender.

What is the feminine version of toxic masculinity? And who gets to decide what makes a thought masculine or feminine? Remember the Duke Lacrosse case? Would that be an example of toxic femininity? What about the Kavanaugh accusers who were verified as lying?

I would say that some unattainable feminine ideals that lead some women to bulemia and anorexia would be considered toxic.

Wouldn’t you agree?

2 Likes

No. Because self destructive behavior is not what they mean when they talk of toxic masculinity. So what would be the feminine version? And why are we not naming it?

Of course it is destructive behavior that is being talked about when something is catagorized as “toxic”

Are you using your own definition that no one else accepts?

Actually, self-destructive behavior is precisely what “they” mean when “they” talk of toxic masculinity.