Toxic masculinity and white privilige. What to do?

No… but toxic masculinity is the topic.

Incels are the low hanging fruit when talking about masculinity that is toxic.

It literally the distillation of the concept in its easiest form to grasp.

Yet you don’t want to acknowledge it.

Why is that?

Sorry Doc. You are making an assumption. That is not my intent at all. If you are a real doc you should not be making amateur assumptions. If you want to know what I am seeking. You may ask. I have never held back before. Wanna try again?

I am making an observation, based on your posting habits.

Why do you take offense at the term “toxic masculinity”, if not to feel victimized by it?

Try this. Try not focusing on my posting habits. Try focusing on the topic. I have a little trick that works great for me. Unless it is absolutely necessary to the conversation avoid using the word “you.” Always be the last one, not the first one to judge the motivations of the person. If personal crap starts, make sure you are not the one who starts it. Do I screw this up from time to time? Of course. But it helps me stay within the forum guide line of discussing topics, not people.

Good luck Doc! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is your thread on toxic masculinity, is it not?

You have repeatedly claimed that you see the term as an insult, an accusation, a way to divide people and judge people according to gender, have you not?

I am discussing your topic - specifically, the fact that you don’t understand what the term means. It’s not an insult, or a way to judge anyone. It’s not a label.

“Toxic masculinity” is a description of a set of thoughts - not a person, or a gender.

What is the feminine version of toxic masculinity? And who gets to decide what makes a thought masculine or feminine? Remember the Duke Lacrosse case? Would that be an example of toxic femininity? What about the Kavanaugh accusers who were verified as lying?

I would say that some unattainable feminine ideals that lead some women to bulemia and anorexia would be considered toxic.

Wouldn’t you agree?

2 Likes

No. Because self destructive behavior is not what they mean when they talk of toxic masculinity. So what would be the feminine version? And why are we not naming it?

Of course it is destructive behavior that is being talked about when something is catagorized as “toxic”

Are you using your own definition that no one else accepts?

Actually, self-destructive behavior is precisely what “they” mean when “they” talk of toxic masculinity.

INCEL terrorism for one.

The fact that 1 in 4 girls are sexually abused before they reach 18…many by their own hetero male family members and family friends.

The fact that currently, the #1 cause of death of pregnant women in America is Murder, again by a SO.

There’s no need to be so defensive. No one is attacking you.

I’d say that severe body image issues, such as anorexia and bulimia would qualify as “toxic femininity” - but this isn’t about an equivalence. Identifying toxic ideas of masculinity is not attacking all men.

The Duke Lacrosse case, and the Kavanaugh issues are about lies, not “femininity”.

Yes, actually that’s exactly what “toxic masculinity” means. It is self-destructive behavior - as well as behavior destructive to others (as are body issues).

Why do you think there has to be a one-to-one equivalence?

So they do it because they are concerned about the welfare of men and want to help them? Nice spin! I like! Y’all need to do a better job of promoting it this way. Maybe people will starl appreciating being labeled as toxic.

Oh, and one more thing. Anorexia is not the feminine version of toxic masculinity. That was invented here in this forum. Nobody calls someone who is struggling with anorexia a toxic person. What is the feminine version?

What liberal has called that behavior of pushing someone down and protecting them “toxic”? Name them please.

You’re still not getting it.

No one is being labelled as “toxic”. You’re making that up, because you don’t understand what the term means.

Here’s a link that might be helpful, although I doubt you’ll actually read it.

First of all, who is this “they” you keep referring to?

Second, the answer to this question is yes.

It is not that the person is toxic, but the ideas that are held around masculinity or femininity are toxic.

Okay now were are getting somewhere. Try helping people without labeling them as toxic. Your results will improve.

People aren’t being labeled as toxic.

Certain concepts are.

Hope that helps.