Steele Dossier correct yet again - Cohen was in Prague in the Summer of '16

And building a tower is perfectly legal and ethical. If there was something wrong with that, then the Obama administration should have made it illegal.
So what illegal conspiracy has been proven?

As far as Trump having a less antagonistic position towards the worlds second most powerful nuclear power, yes…you could say that as true.

The one “example” you keep hearing is about taking out of the Republican platform loading Ukraine down with offensive weapons…something that didn’t make sense to do in the first place and was not part of the Democratic platform. I call it common sense.

If, for example, the source of that information recanted his/her story. Or if it came out that someone else was involved in something like the events described, and it seems obvious they had the wrong celebrity ID’ed. Something like that.

I know what you mean, but the other way of asking this question is - how many things in teh Dossier have been proven to be right? How many are left unproven?

1 Like

THAT is ■■■■■■■ hilarious. :rofl: :rofl: Especially the way that Trump supporters have repeatedly claimed that absolutely nothing in the Dossier is true and has all been disproved.

:rofl: :rofl:

Of course there is nothing illegal about making a real estate investment in Moscow. Just as there is nothing illegal about selling a Canadian owned US uranium mining company to Russian interests with the approval of the US government.

However, financing a Moscow real estate investment through VTB – a bank that is sanctioned by the US government – is illegal. Offering Vladimir Putin a $50 million penthouse apartment for free to gain his approval of the project and his prestige for other tenants is illegal under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. But the primary issue is not even these apparent violations of the law; it is that Donald Trump as a candidate told the American people that he had no business dealings in Russia. This lie made him vulnerable to Russian influence, a position no American President should ever be in.

The Republicans changed their platform to drop all questioning of Russian expansion into the Ukraine, but if that is the only thing you have heard about you have not been listening much. Perhaps you did not notice that Donald Trump announced the end of the American presence in Syria last week, a move that solidified Russian influence in the region. Certainly the praise for this move from Moscow was extensive and a contrast with the criticism of the move on both sides of the aisle in the United States. I assume you did not hear about the sanctions that the administration waived last week in exchange for… nothing. #Art of the Deal… not.

13 Likes

I guess its a good thing, then, that Trump didn’t finance a tower in Russia using VTB or offer Putin a $50M penthouse…the obvious purpose of which would be to draw other wealthy Russians, not some bribe.

As to tying in the Republican platform or Syria withdrawl, I suggest you prove a connection to personal agreements with Putin. Otherwise, we are talking about Glenn Beck types of connecting line diagrams on a chalk board.

That “lie” made him vulberable to Russia? There was not Trump tower deal, so not business dealings going on. Nor is Trump particularly devistated by being caught in a lie.

At this point what difference does it make?

Pee tapes, or none of it happened.

So much rationalization for one post.

Anyway, it’s been very interesting to watch a pattern of behavior emerge among Trump and everyone around him where ever single individual lied about their contacts with Russians.

Discrediting anything in the dossier would be a good start to poking holes in the pee tape.

Trump’s immediate response to learning about the tape was “do I look like a guy who needs hookers?” How is that the response of an innocent man? Pretty obvious to me some kind of video exists.

Doug: The problem with your argument is that is not how American law works. We are talking about conspiracy here; and the conspiracy law applies if two parties discuss committing a crime, regardless of whether the crime was carried out. Offering something of value to a person of influence in a foreign deal is a bribe… plain and simple. Your argument that since the payment was intended to create influence it was not a bribe… its not much of an argument frankly.

Furthermore, the Trump Tower deal was active when Trump was lying about it so there were business dealings going on. Your argument would seem to be equivalent to saying that since Bill Clinton’s affair with Monica Lewinsky ended before the Starr investigation uncovered it, there was no affair. I mean really, why do I have to bother to point these things out?

You are right about one thing, Trump is not devastated about being caught in lies. Looking at his marriages, business dealing and lying, it appears he has no moral compass whatsoever. That’s your defense of his Presidency!

8 Likes

Trump’s inability to feel shame or embarrassment is irrelevant. If Russia had kompromat on Hillary or Obama or any democrat, you guys would be losing your ■■■■■

1 Like

You don’t know what WTB has or has not financed for trump.

You also don’t know if he offered teh penthouse.

And you don’t know if they had a deal or not.

This is just me spitballing. Don’t like trump, didn’t vote for him, and won’t.

But the story said his phone was briefly pinged there. Was he on a trip somewhere else at the time? Could it have been a refueling stop or change of planes?

The “briefly pinged” part just gives me pause to count this as proof of anything till more info comes out.

Cohen vehemently denied ever being to Prague. You don’t accidentally find yourself in Prague.

Whatever! You don’t know me! You don’t know my life!

1 Like

briefly pinged seems to me that the phone was turned off most of the time and just quickly turned on to check for messages or something…

1 Like

I don’t like how this conversation is going.

That much you do have. Whether that leads to anything except a bunch of politicians who think its ok to lie remains to be seen. Some like to fill in the blanks, I’ll wait for the truth.

I get where you are coming from.

I am on your side.

Something of this magnitude has to be confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Because placing Cohen in Prague during 2016 means very bad things for the President… things that rhymes with bleason.

That is not something that is that one comes towards lightly.

Good on you. Here I thought you were in favor of shutting down the investigation. Glad to see you’ve come around. Unless I was mistaken all along. Could be thinking of someone else.

I’m with this too. If the Prague meeting really happened, this immediately gets a million times more serious than it already is. Then it isn’t just about white collar crime and morons running a campaign.