Some historical context from opposition to MLK marches in 1964

I am not here to teach you. These are my beliefs right now but I keep an open mind. If you have statistics and your own belief on what is happening, I am more than willing to listen and take your arguments into consideration. Please attack my ideas and not me, and if you have counter arguments I would love to hear them. If my mind is changed, so be it. I am not here to change peoples mind, more discuss so we all come to a better understanding.

But I am here to teach you. I’m not attacking you.

Is your mind really open? Or is it only open to links? Do you understand correlation vs. causation? Culture vs. Race? Operating environments? Moving among the people as a fish swims in the sea? Culture and counterculture?

Why men rebel?

No I didn’t. Where did I advocate for rioting?

Unjust laws are just that and I side with King on that score. Authority my ass.

1 Like

He did. But he understood rioting. He understood it very well.
“Certain conditions continue to exist in our society, which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years…”

A riot is the language of the unheard.

MLK personally didn’t support rioting but understood that riot will happen if black are not heard peacefully.

And they killed him anyway.

Right on! :fist:t3:

If you want to show a law to be bad, make them enforce it!

Attica! Attica!

Power to The People!

He killed him.

FBI would have killed him themselves if they were allowed.

Ok. Go with that.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

They tried everything short of killing him to stop the civil right movement.

his extramarital affairs are pretty well documented by even favorable authors (David Garrow) and close friend Ralph Abernathy and others that does not eliminate the great work he did.

…when you had the opportunity to condemn the riot but chose to endorse what you thought was a productive course of action. Now what, play obtuse?

I have, in other posts. Since you know how to use the search function I am sure you could have found it.

Ahhhhh…so you admit you aren’t consistent and speak out of both sides of your mouth?

I am very consistent. Show me where I support riots? Just because I said they seem to be working DOES NOT MEAN I support them.

No, most mass murderers are white because whites make up a larger percentage of people in the country. The only race over represented in that category are Asians.

I already did…done…and finished. :sunglasses: