Some historical context from opposition to MLK marches in 1964

Its a con game because thats all the flag hugger does. You may not fall for it but many do

George Wallace was racist.

I guess if I had to make a point it is this. Trump is using the same stats to justify his own moral stake in fixing an issue that has long existed but he and all presidents before had. You can’t blame him for this, but you can blame him for inaction on it. And both George Wallace and Trump are focusing on the riots and this economic news to shift focus from them because for whatever reason they don’t wan’t to acknowledge the anger and get down to fix it.

And what is the reason? It’s not racism. It’s not police racism. It’s not poverty. The data doesn’t support it.

So what is the reason?

A “humanity issue”? They’ve killed a lot of people and destroyed a lot of lives in the name of humanity.

1 Like

Systemic racism is real. People are not born that way, you may think you don’t play a part but in multiple statistics it shows that blacks have issues in access to education, funding for business, higher rates of crime, problems holding families together. It doesn’t make sense to say there is no systemic racism, when the system so blatantly results in across the spectrum worse results specifically along race lines. People shift the blame onto them saying its lack of religion or things like this everywhere. You look at top 500 company boards, almost all of them are white. How is that even possible if the system weren’t biased. They make up a huge percent of the population but are underrepresented in the very fabric that leads to prosperity. Is that intentional, no. Is it real, yes. How can we fix it, by focusing on it and calling it out. Nobody knows why this is happening, but America was built on their backs and while they play catch up we sit here and wonder why they complain.

That’s pretty disingenuous to take two different statements from two different threads to make it seem like I am not consistent.

So have whites. How many people have we killed in shootings. How many have we killed during the 60s. Lots of killings is more evidence that the system isn’t working. There is no reason to believe that race creates criminals. The system creates poverty which promotes criminality. Then you have to increase funding for police, and here we are. How can you ever address this without attacking the system that got us here.

I’d more label it it’s pretty hypocritical to say one thing in one thread and another in another…hence my post…you speak out of both sides of your mouth.

No they don’t.
Credit score is credit score.
Oh the irony.
How in the hell is that “systemic”? In what system?

Let’s stick to the topic please gentlemen.

You asked me what the reason was, that is why I brought it up. But okay.

Yes, white people have. “We” haven’t killed anybody. You see any of these white psychos blaming racism?

No it doesn’t.

Learn to use the quote function please.

As a reason for systemic racism. Question stands.

It always makes me laugh when people claim banks are racist. Those money grubbing leaches couldn’t care less about race.

1 Like

So this is what I mean. Why can’t blacks get access to good credit. It isn’t intentional. But the neighborhoods have high crime and such. But without access to credit, how can they get out of that. By systemic racism I was saying that blacks are in a cycle that feeds on itself to prevent prosperity. None of it is intentional, but can we agree that one method of getting out of it would be job creation. Job creation is almost universally tied to access to credit. That is what I mean. So many aspects are unintentionally preventing the growth needed to lift them out. We are economically segregated and I think one way we could address it is by helping with credit because it would lead to growth. was just answering second part. I will stay on topic now.

Sounds like Trump doctrine.

A good proposal.

We haven’t killed anyone. Sorry, I am white so I said we to talk about the race in general. Although it is interesting that mass shootings to tend to break along race lines. Not sure why, not making any judgement on that here. Not the place nor am I qualified on that topic.

That’s not what systemic racism means. Banks are in the risk business. Bad risks don’t get loans.

Some of the spokesmen for the black nation are demanding the defunding of the police in the same high crime areas you say won’t let them get loans. Is that racism?

Poverty is not the root cause of crime.

1 Like

And in any case, many did not consider MLK a peaceful type. For example, here’s how The National Review depicted King and the Civil Rights Movement:

For years now, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King and his associates have been deliberately undermining the foundations of internal order in this country. With their rabble-rousing demagoguery, they have been cracking the “cake of custom” that holds us together. With their doctrine of “civil disobedience,” they have been teaching hundreds of thousands of Negroes — particularly the adolescents and the children — that it is perfectly alright to break the law and defy constituted authority if you are a Negro-with-a-grievance; in protest against injustice. And they have done more than talk. They have on occasion after occasion, in almost every part of the country, called out their mobs on the streets, promoted “school strikes,” sit-ins, lie-ins, in explicit violation of the law and in explicit defiance of the public authority . . .

“’Civil Rights’ and Violence: Who Are the Guilty Ones?” The National Review Sept. 7th, 1965

Hell, they don’t like him now! Every Jan. 15th this forum is lit with talk about his extramarital affairs and other unsubstantiated, derogatory ■■■■■■■■â–