Say her name. She deserves it

No, I’m asking you for a link to the story where the father says he was with his daughter when the shooting happened. I’ve looked and can’t seem to find it.

You people need to make up your mind. Is BLM an organization with membership and a leadership structure or is it an organic movement with no leadership or membership?

One guy shouts, “Black Lives Matter” over a racial slur but it has nothing to do with “The Movement”.

Amazing.

What does BLM stand for again?

So you’re saying George Floyd doesn’t matter.

That was faster than expected.

People were calling black cops that word and worse on recent videos.

Should they have got their asses beat down??

some comforting words for her little kids come from the democrat leadership

“people will do what they do”

I hear it fairly often but it’s always being used by a person of color? The video in this thread is a good example; Citizens of NYC are fighting back

People of color have taken the word back. You are still free to use it if you’d like.

It’s ok, they were black.

I don’t know what that means and the word you reference isn’t a part of my vocabulary.

I didn’t realize a race could “take” much less “take back” a word.

The language belongs to us all or it used to.

Yes. It’s a thing.

Linguistic reappropriation, reclamation or resignification [1] is the cultural process by which a group reclaims words or artifacts that were previously used in a way disparaging of that group.

1 Like

Yeah, yeah…it’s a thing to all PC ers and representatives of the “cancel culture”…amirite? :sunglasses:

Well then, if you can find it on wikipedia it must be true. :joy:

Damn I like being boring. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

What specific issues do you have with the wikipedia article? Are you claiming that linguistic re appropriation doesn’t exist?

…only for some. I can’t think of a word that I felt the need to…re-appropriate? :sunglasses:

BTW, none of the articles I’m reading include the claim that the father was present during the shooting.

Consider yourself lucky, or most likely, privileged.

1 Like

Yeah…I know. Hard work…is a privilege. Saying, “I will” and then actually keeping that oath is a privilege. Getting up, every morning at 5:00 and starting work…is a privilege. Honoring debts of need, while sacrificing my wants…is a privilege. Telling the truth is a privilege. Being punctual…ok, ok, ok…ignore that one. :sunglasses:

1 Like

How is saying all lives matter a slur? They need their ass beat for saying that?

I can’t even begin to express how far off the rails that is!