Say her name. She deserves it

Damn I like being boring. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

What specific issues do you have with the wikipedia article? Are you claiming that linguistic re appropriation doesnā€™t exist?

ā€¦only for some. I canā€™t think of a word that I felt the need toā€¦re-appropriate? :sunglasses:

BTW, none of the articles Iā€™m reading include the claim that the father was present during the shooting.

Consider yourself lucky, or most likely, privileged.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦I know. Hard workā€¦is a privilege. Saying, ā€œI willā€ and then actually keeping that oath is a privilege. Getting up, every morning at 5:00 and starting workā€¦is a privilege. Honoring debts of need, while sacrificing my wantsā€¦is a privilege. Telling the truth is a privilege. Being punctualā€¦ok, ok, okā€¦ignore that one. :sunglasses:

1 Like

How is saying all lives matter a slur? They need their ass beat for saying that?

I canā€™t even begin to express how far off the rails that is!

Nobody ā€œyelled a slurā€.

Hard work means nothing, youā€™re just lucky. :joy:

Another person who didnā€™t read the article or the thread.

The N word was said by the group the murdered woman was a part of. Thatā€™s what started the altercation.

It was said according to the boyfriendā€™s story in the article you didnā€™t read.

1 Like

No. It has to do with not being part a group that was enslaved and had racist names used against them for hundreds of years.

No where in any of the stories is it being reported it was shouted by or at anyone, it was said in conversation among one group and someone in another group overheard it and took umbrage with it and started a confrontation.

Feel free to say it as much as you want. :rofl:

Why did this woman think ā€œAll Lives Matterā€ was an appropriate response to ā€œBlack Lives Matterā€?

Well that is a word i would never use but it doesnā€™t give anyone the right to murder someone.

If that claim is even true to start with.

According to the boyfriend.

1 Like

Thanks for finally understanding the story. It wasnā€™t ā€œall lives matterā€ that started the altercation. It was the N word.

Of course this is according to the boyfriends of the murdered woman. Iā€™d love to hear the other side.

1 Like

Why would I start using a word now I find offensive?

What is wrong with it? It seems a fine thing to say. I would say all lives matter including the unborn myself.

Donā€™t see why that should anger anyone.

1 Like