Promises made, balls dropped

You, could wear overalls, if you wanted to? I’m not sure they would help though. Are you differentiating, integrating, or playing with extra axis?

Prolly best to PM about this on FB or something before I get another whiny post about derailing the Orange Man Bad thread.

1 Like

How old are you? I am in my mid 50’s.

We obviously have had 2 very different life experiences, as where we live, and what we do/did (I suck at advanced math, so you definitely got me there).

But in general, I am sure there are many things we have in common.

I fully admit, I do not know what it is like to live in the country like you do/have.
And there are certainly different priorities and issues that can effect our lives.

I deal with traffic, crowds, stupid people, blackouts due to fires etc…
And you deal with a host of other issues i never have to deal with.

Neither is better. It is a personal choice. There are laws and regulations that make sense in cities…not so much in the country. And sometimes the other way as well. There are liberals that love the country, and conservatives that love the city. Somehow, we make to work. Both sides could do better.

The down side of being a jack of all trades is being unable to master anything. lol

1 Like

How about me I live and work in rural America. I run a working cattle ranch. And my area is not hurting because of anything Trump did.
Farmers are picking corn. And most of them had their corn sold not long after they planted the seed in the ground. And the corn price today is about the same price as 2016,2017, 2018, 2019.
If you want to talk about big cooperate farms that’s a different story they don’t farm and ranch because of the love of these occupations they are just in it for the money. If Uncle Sam is handing out money to farmers and ranchers they jump in. If cattle prices or corn are shooting up they jump in. When the bottom falls out they bail. And all these liberal news people talk about them as if they are real rural America.
Cattle prices are down but ranchers just had a 3 year run with high cattle prices. Ranchers cut their own throats when the price gets high. Instead of culling their herd and just replacing what they sold they go hog wild and breed more hefiers. They keep some and calve them out and they sell some as breed heifers. Now we have everyone and their dog jumping into the cattle market buying these high priced bred heifers and what happens we get more cattle than the feed yards can handle. What happens to the price it starts falling. What happens next is those extra heifers that the rancher kept now he dumps them on the market because he doesn’t want to get caught with more cattle than he can afford to feed. So the market takes another down turn. It will stabilize eventually. And we will see a norm cattle price. And in a few years we will see a repeat of all this over again.Corn and cattle run in cycles. Corn market has more or less been crap since the late 80’s. Which is when we decided to lease all our farm land and just raise cattle.
Now tell me how much you know about farming and ranching? Tell me have you ever run a working farm or ranch? Have you ever even worked on a working farm or ranch?

1 Like

Right here

What does “fecklessness” mean?

1 Like

Are you a farmer? You’re doing well with the government handouts?

You run it for the owners, or you are the owner?

If that’s not too personal a question.

Good Lord.

I’m wondering if he’s a farmer. If he is, well…handouts was a harsh word. It’s what it is on Trump’s end. On their end…a lifeline, presumably.

Below are some iteresting quotes from farmers. Not sure if the source is something Sixfoot or others would find credible…

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/05/16/ohio_farmer_i_voted_for_trump_and_im_not_going_to_be_quiet_about_impact_of_trade_war.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/08/15/vice_news_iowa_farmers_still_love_trump_despite_trade_war_pain.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/03/trump-has-angered-wrong-people-farmers/

I’ve known people who thought Jersey Shore had any semblance of reality to it.

This isn’t surprising, it’s just disappointing. :rofl:

My husband and I are the owners. I grow up on a ranch. He grew up on a farm.

No government hand outs for us. That is why we lease out our farm land and just raise cattle. We stopped farming in the 80’s.

Try current events

LOL, because knowing a farmer or two has more merit than statistical analysis. Anti-intellectualism = modern day republicanism.

1 Like

The wall is getting built and it’s dem’s who keep blocking immigration reform.

That’s ok, if republicans can retake the house and increase their lead in the senate next year the rest can be addressed.

1 Like

That’s a year old article. Unfortunately, manufacturing jobs are decreasing, thanks to Trump’s trade war.

The Labor Department said Friday that manufacturers shed 2,000 jobs last month, adding to concerns about the sector. While President Donald Trump has pledged to revive factory jobs in the US, that pocket of the economy dipped last month.

“A big part of the story for the economy as a whole, of course, is the trade war,” said Eric Winograd, the senior US economist at AllianceBernstein. “We can see that in the payrolls figures too. Manufacturing has been the hardest-hit industry by trade policy, and, not coincidentally, manufacturing employment has suffered.”

1 Like

74 miles of border wall completed, 159 miles under construction?

Excellent news! Hope they knock out a few hundred more miles over the next 5 years.

Quit projecting. lol

What’s worst…being anti-intellectualism or educated idiots?