Promises made, balls dropped

If you’re set on one area, that your deal. If you think you can’t afford land out in the country, you’re not looking very well, or your idea of “country” is a bit off. lol

No I have residency requirements for my job. Gotta make a good living first.

1 Like

Ah, well remember to never say “can’t” if it’s a choice then. :wink:

It’s not a can’t, it’s a long term plan to avoid debt and provide for my family.

My plan was to make 2 points, you are correct to get out and work with others in the country, but country living can be more expensive then you think now.

1 Like

Country living is as expensive as you make it, because out here, you make what’s around you. Too often do people build or commit to something without considering the maintenance required down the road. Happy endings don’t exist. There’s only tomorrow’s to-do list.

Genuinely asking, what is the population of your town, how far are you from a large city, and what do you do for a living now, and what other jobs have you held?

To be fair, I’ll start. My town is 41k. I live 20 miles from “Silicon Valley”, and 60 miles from a large city.

I sell tools for a living, specializing in Electronics manufacturing, but also support industrial manufacturing as well.

Prior to that, I was in Retail/Restaurant, business, and for 4 years installed carpet. tile and linoleum. (apprentice)

I’m far enough out in the country that county water and a local post office are not an option, and I’m a retired jack of all trades. I make various extra income as opportunities present, like creating and selling things, tutoring students (mostly just for calculus), or growing food/drink/livestock. Whatever keeps my mind and body engaged.

Information has a strange way of just falling into my brain, so I get asked for referrals a lot too. Haven’t figured out how to capitalize on that yet.

Eh, the effectiveness of a president is generally based on his skill at the care and feeding of Congresscritters and this is a White House that doesn’t even have a congressional liaison office or a president that can stump for legislation.

You HAVE managed to derail a thread about Trump’s fecklessness by simply muttering “You don’t know any farmers!” for several posts. So there’s that.

Right? That was weird how the thread suddenly turned more interest toward me than another generic Orange Man Bad fest. :thinking:

This exhausted habit of whining about how horrible Trump is first thing every morning must be getting boring even for libs. :rofl:

The problem is that Trump continues to be pretty horrible every day. Anyone with even a modicum of intelligence can see that.

Our country can only begin to heal once he is gone.

What a villain y’all have created. The whole country us dying because Trump is bad and the healing will only happen when Pelosi and crew take back the power.

Baa’aah! :rofl:

Calculus tutor? I might have to PM you. I am In the last phase of my degree and calculus is kicking my arse. I would of course compensate you for your expertise.

1 Like

You’ll have to travel out here to Missouri. I have a set schedule 3 days a week at the university. It’s only 50 bucks per group session so you should have plenty leftover for a hotel.

To be honest, a national divide is the new normal now. The Republicans were in high outrage the entire 8 years of Obama. They would have been in hyper uber overdrive outrage had we been in year 3 of a Hillary presidency. They be impeaching her last year.

I’m playing their game now.

1 Like

I don’t believe anything about you. I think you’re trying to pull a wise Sam Elliott(from Big Lebowski) on internet folk.

You’re about to waste your own time obsessing about me like that. :rofl:

University?

Group session? i am a sophisticated urbanite who demands individual attention!

Do I have to wear oshkosh overalls to the coaching session :wink:.

Wrong.