OK governor has COVID-19

I hope you stay well. It looks like things are getting a bit crazy there.

How did the Atlanta mayor catch it?

I went to blm protests. Almost everyone was wearing masks. It was 100% outside. I saw no rioters.

1 Like

13 days isolated in a covid Ward can be financially devastating. And will wreak havoc on a family. Terrible.

1 Like

I mostly go by ICU capacity and it ain’t looking good for Florida.
Do you trust Fox News?

They don’t know everything and the stories change daily on it’s effects. The best way to compare is covid-19 to the original Sars outbreak in 2003 which had a higher fatality rate but didn’t spread as easy as covid-19. The only thing I could find on long term effects of Sars was from lung.org

“A small percentage of patients had long-term effects from their illness, including depression or anxiety, cough, shortness of breath, chronic lung disease or kidney disease. However, most patients fully recovered.”

On a side note i have had two lung x-rays since contacting covid-19 in late march all clear. Other than a small fraction of people this seems to be extremely dangerous for those with preexisting conditions and the elderly, the rest of us if one maintains there health usually beats it fast or without even knowing they got it. I would love to find and update on how long the antibodies last as well as how effective they are in preventing a second round.

Even Moscow Mitch is on the mask train.

https://twitter.com/julienbcnews/status/1283443455822184448?s=21

1 Like

Winner of these weeks Charles Darwin Award. See here is the simple truth…Masks keep people from getting the ■■■■■■■ virus…so does socially distancing your self from strangers who don’t wear masks.

My daughter works at a popular retail clothing chain. On June 28th she worked with her manager then my daugher was off on the 29th and 30th. On the 30th the manager did not feel well and called off work on the 2nd of July she got tested and the results did not come back until the July 6th. the manager did not work at anytime after June 28th, but had prior contact with my daughter and others at work. This past Sunday marked 14 days since my daughter had contact with her manager. She did not get sick, none of us got sick. None of the employees got sick…why…because they are required to wear masks at all times except for when they take their lunch or dinner breaks…They are also assigned to areas of the store, and are not allowed to leave that area unless a manager tells them it’s ok.

All this to say that this scenario, and my own work scenarios that I have dealt with in the past two months make me believe beyond a a shadow of a doubt that masks and social distancing keeps people healthy. I had 15 staff that cared for 7 individuals who had COVID 19 for more than a month. Not one of those people got sick. Of course it wasn’t just masks in this situation they had masks, shields, gloves, plastic gowns and all the disinfectant and hand sanitizer they needed…But still. I had some staff that chose to live with these clients for two weeks or more. They did not get sick. Precautions, masking up, social distancing. Protection…

Not going to a place where 6000 people were, without a mask, where people were cheering and yelling and chanting. All high droplet producing activities.

I feel badly that he is sick…I feel badly that he has jeopardized his family…but like Forrest Gumps Momma used to say. Stupid is as Stupid does.

Wear a mask people. It’s just that simple.

4 Likes

Hers came from attending a rather crowded funeral, she did wear a mask but not everyone did.

She says.

She also attended rather crowded other gatherings.

Without a mask.

1:27

3 Likes

Was the funeral indoors ?

But if he has the Kung Flu, is he really OK? :thinking:

2 Likes

One can hope, but the messaging coming from the top, the thought(or lack thereof) that liberties are being taken way by wearing a mask and of course the belief that COVID-19 is some vast liberal hoax/conspiracy is going to make things very difficult for Alabama and many of the so-called red states. To be honest, even here in the MD(a blue state) there are still many being defiant about wearing a mask.

Maybe someone should point out that wearing a mask would not have prevented him, or anyone else getting the disease. Wearing a mask only prevents those with the disease from spreading it.

Hey now :kissing_heart:

Wow, almost a month incubation period. :flushed:

Bet that goes over well with Floridians :rofl:

1 Like

Wait, just because he tested positive today or yesterday doesn’t mean he hasn’t had it for longer.