New Forum is a Welcome Surprise

Shouldn’t we start a new bar here…so we have a place to come and forget about our troubles! LOL

Yes! What was the name of the dude with the martini glass? Name is on the tip of my tongue.

Mr.M
Hope he and others find out about this place.

.>

Two things:

1. I really like that when you start reading a really long thread the system will track for you where you were in the thread if you leave and come back later. It appears that the gray number above is where it returns me to if I go back, the blue number is posts since I last visited the thread.

2. You can now copy/paste images directly from the clipboard now. I took a screen shot, highlighted the area in a red box to emphasize it and then copy/pasted directly into the web page. So cool not having to upload and/or link to web files now.

.>>>>

ha! I did it! I didn’t even have to start a new message first.

Got to say I was a little hesitant when I first saw this place, but I’m liking it a lot now. It’s like a breath of fresh air, especially after the mechanical problems with the other place. So good work to all who helped get this together.

Can I ask who all was in on this? They deserve a tip of the glass.

@Iggy

@Talk2Bill

Talk2bill and Adminitrator as far as I know. I won’t go into how I think the sausage was made, only it’s damned good sausage. T2b told us about it around a week or so before opening. I agree, a refreshing change. The two of them should be heralded as saints, and we should consider offering them our women and first born.

Well, a tip of the glass to both of them. I like this change. Oh, and a message to some of you that hate change – change can be good. Very good. :slight_smile:

Is there a technical “how to” place to go to for things like how the different functions work, how to link to other posts in other threads, things like that?

Or like HOW TO EDIT POSTS? (Hint, hint …)

There is this thread. It started hot, but has died off as of late. Hope this helps.

Well, it looks like they just (finally) pulled the plug on the old Forum. I was able to reply to one post, but when I tried to send my second reply, it said that site no longer exists and sent me here to Community.

So are you here to stay?

Possibly, but not as actively as I was. I do not like this site very much. And at the moment, it seems to be malfunctioning.

Give it a chance, and I bet it grows on you. I, along with a great many others, love it here and it has substantially better features than the old site. The only issue right now is getting edit to work, everything else is plugging along nicely. Anyway, I hope you do stick around my friend. :slight_smile:

It is growing on me … like a wart.

That’s what the last one did!

that’s funny