I’ve Lost My Respect for Candace Owens

This is what she’s up to today (with Kanye West):

I have more respect for Candace Owens after reading the article.

Why- because she’s a liar?

Which part of the article?

It’s convenient she left out why that doctor wanted her to take an antibiotic, and it has zilch to do with COVID-19.

How about this practice? Does she object to that, too?

What's up with eye drops for newborns?.

How about prenatal blood tests like ABO Rh grouping in case she’s Rh negative and the baby’s Rh positive? Does she object to that, too?

She’s very selective in her outrage and if she wants to play by her own rules and gamble with her baby’s well being, she should stay home and give birth the third time around.

She has a pediatrician. She has a right to deny particular services without ridiculous threats from staff locked into routine.

I like Taylor Swift’s music. Cant stand her politically. Cant stand Trump as a person, and he really screwed me over with the eviction moratorium. Love what the govt was able to do while he was in office with foreign countries and judicial pics. If you are looking for someone that you agree with on everything, I am sure you will be disappointed.

1 Like

Now being threatened by hospital personnel with CPS is over the top.

But my issue here is her incomplete telling of her story. Dollars to doughnuts that physician wasn’t recommending an antibiotic for no reason at all:

Most likely she DID consent to Group B Strep testing with the 7-8 month prenatal examination, and she’s already had a child before this one.

Ifhe was born in a hospital, why all of a sudden is hospital protocol a problem now? I have more respect for moms who deliver at home and take their risks there than for this woman who most likely consented to prenatal testing, had a baby and wasn’t squawking then, but now hospital protocol which has been taking place for over 50 years is problem central.

i should added “credible” sources

:rofl:

You’ve never had a problem with the Washington Examiner before:

salon, and whatever trash google vomits up

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Of course. A source you rely upon consistently is now not credible because it says something you don’t like.

This is too funny.

1 Like

this is not proof or even support of her being a fifth columnist - a bold claim.

But, kudos to the OP on whipping up the lib froth. These threads are a commie cuisine for leftists boiling over with hatred. :wink:

1 Like

Just…what?!

I lean more towards conservative on most issues.

Can’t stand lying by omission, whether coming from a liberal or conservative.

Speaking of whipped up; in no way, shape, or form, did you get called a lib. :stuck_out_tongue:

She can go to her pediatrician and talk about the antibiotics. There is no actual proof there is any bacteria to worry about. If there is, her doctor can deal with it.

A pediatrician doesn’t administer antibiotics to an adult Strep B positive pregnant patient to prevent transmission via birth to her pre-born infant.

She had a baby last year I will assume was born in a hospital. Why only now is hospital protocol a problem?

States recommend newborn infant screenings for all infants born in hospitals, and here’s where she’s giving an incomplete information to stir up emotion IMO:

Why would such testing not be a problem for the first child? If she had a change of heart about it the second time around, why not say so?

Why

gynecological strep test before birth that most likely her obstetrician told her a positive result would have her on IV antibiotics in the delivery room pose a problem only after the second birth?

She most likely as a second time mom knew the drill, so why all of a sudden is it problem central?

She’s not dumb. I’m sure she will talk to her regular doctor. Prophylactic medicine is patients choice, not a rote behavior.

The staff need your permission to do these tests and administer these things to your baby. It has become normal. If you don’t have any disease, there is no reason to put antibiotics on their eyes if the mother has a clean bill of health. That is your choice.
Working in the medical field I cannot tell you how many people have no idea why they are getting a test, have no idea why they have been prescribed a medication, they blindly do what their doctor says without question. My children had very few antibiotics in their life. My kids took very little medications period in their lives. I fed my kids healthy food. They ate lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. They didn’t eat jarred baby food either.
I believe western medicine has its place. Drs should explain their reasoning and let you make a decision without bullying you or being condescending. I went through all this when my daughter had an emergency c section after planning a home birth. Thank goodness she has found providers that respect her and her choices.

She had every right to make whatever choices she wanted if she was willing to assume all risks. The hospital threatening the family with CPS was beyond the pale.

My issue is the way she willfully omitted certain information in order to garner support. She never revealed for whom or why that doctor recommended an antibiotic.

I just love her wording of “they wouldn’t let us leave until they took some blood “ from the baby. Were they “taking some blood “ just to take some blood? Were they vampires?

No. States have had recommended ppostnatal genetics tests on newborn infants for decades.

Ms. Owens had a son last year & no one heard a peep out of her as far as hospital personnel. Why the second time around are established protocols problematic?

She flip flops. She was “never a victim of racism”, yet a lawsuit filed by her against the Stanford Public School System says she claimed otherwise, was “traumatized “ by the actions of a former friend to the point she couldn’t come.

Which is it?