I see the Brits are behaving more and more like China each passing day

If only you had a point.

snicker seriously conan how long you going to keep this game going on this board. You post something, get called out and then retreat a little with a little more vague comment…going round and round, saying people are wastes of time and have no point etc…because they dont get your vague predictions.

See unlike other people i want you to get what you want. Because i know your policies are terrible. They always have been. You and talk radio have run on the policy of fear, of punching liberals. We saw this with the ACA, your saving grace right now are the courts…

Which if you take a moment and think about is really deep with irony. Once again we find ourselves with the right projecting what they are really, and always have been. Authorians. Thats what you are. You are gonna see possibly the banning of abortion and gay marriage. The bigotry of the right towards gays and trans with using the first amendment.

then we have tariffs, killing people ( figuratively)…Pork is next to take a hit, these other nations are hurting trumps voters in the pocket. You know something they care about.

You dont have the nation either on immigration, Trump went to far. Why? because him and his supporters are too stupid.

But no, somehow through all this somehow you know better…all you have is a good messaging machine…thats it

2 Likes

You type all this out and yet you farther off the mark then ever before.
My position hasn’t change one bit. I believe in minimal goverment…and when I say minimal I mean minimal.

That’s something you haven’t figured out after all these years. I don’t want the religious right in power anymore then your radical left-wing extremist.

I don’t want goverment having power to manipulate or abuse their positions…unlike you libs. But for some reason libs can’t seem to get it through their heads that goverment by the very nature of human greed and lust for power makes goverment dangerous.

So stop thinking you’re different then everyone else, you’re not.

Me, I know my weakness…that same weakness lays in all of us.

But again libs are special…They believe their above it all.

I say BS.

Ummm you do realize England doesn’t have the same free speech laws that the US does right?

I ask because your post seems to imply you think they do or should and that isn’t how the world works.

I am not sure how you can assert a right that doesn’t exist has been denied.

Just a couple of questions.

Where are you on abortion?

Where are you on marijuana?

I don’t believe in abortions…but I don’t want to give goverment the power to rule our bodies…and I’m a guy.

Same thing with same sex marriage…but goverment must remain neutral at all times. No exceptions.

As for pot…knock yourself out.

Just in another thread I saw one of the more prominent trolls on this forum say he didn’t care what two consenting adults did, and yet on the old forum said that marriage was between a man and a women and doesn’t support SSM not the right of a women to choose what happens with their body.

These are the things that keep me from generally voting for candidate on the right. I have and still do but only when they don’t take authoritarian social stances and they often tend to do and then have the audicity to accuse the other side of.

As much as I think some of your posts here are rediculous, this one is fantastic, and has earned a modicum of respect from me.

Here’s the thing.

When I arrives to this forum 12 plus years ago I warned my follow conservatives about Patriot act…ad threat it poses. Of course we all know what they said don’t we? If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about.

It’s not about whether you have anything your hiding. It’s about human nature to use that power for your goals…whether it is for monetary or politically. It’s still power to be gain.

Forum libs side I was one of good conservatives for my position.

Then couple years later guess who became president…guess who controlled both houses?

What did they do? Not only did they renew the patriot act…Obama administration strengthen it…gave it more power. And not a single peep for forum libs…not one peep.

And now they are cheering the abuse that last administration done with that power.

So how can we change it? Apparently the only way for change to happen is libs must feel the breath of goverment down their backs…then just maybe they will join me in this fight to limit it. After all that was original intent of traditional liberalism…but they all have forgotten their past.

In 2013 and again 2014 I’ve tried warning our host about the abuse of that power throughout goverment agencies.

1 Like

As for marriage I believe it between man and woman myself.

But goverment doesn’t have that luxury…it must remain neutral at all time.

We are not a free society if goverment is making that decision for us.

If you don’t see the authoritarian nature behind today libs…then maybe you have other problems clouding up your mind.

That is precisely right.

So why is it that same principal doesn’t apply to abortion and many other issues the right champions on?

But just for the sake of conversation what you really need to acknowledge is who was in control of congress when these strengthening powers were signed into law? Who added the riders? Who championed for them? I’ll give you a hint … it wasn’ democrats. I know full well your disdain for the libs, I get it, but who is really going against your stated positions?

The libs passed a ban on sugared soda, stupid yes but you won’t end up in jail for that. I guess it boils down to which agenda will cause you more harm. Now it’s only my opinion and I’m not trying to convince you otherwise but it seems to me your thoughts and concern about the proper role of government are more in line with what democrats has proposed and passed than anything the republicans have proposed and intend to pass.

I’ll just use a few examples of recent pop culture to illustrate this for you.

Is it authoritarian to tell people they must stand for the national anthem or be fired?

Is it authoritarian to tell women what they must do with their body with an organism growing within it they don’t want?

Is it authoritarian to tell people they aren’t entitled to the same rights as another because of their choice of who they would like to marry?

Is it authoritarian to manipulate voting districts to maintain power as you see fit?

Uh when the patriot act was enacted we told you that you won’t like it when we come to power and use it but you ignored us, so you reap what you sow.

Obama and democrats house renewed the Patriot act…not only renewed it but gave additional powers.

You think it’s sugar? Really? Are you really this obtuse?

This is why you can’t have honest debate with lib.

Remind us all again who controlled the house when the patriot act was renewed?

My common interest is in the uprising of Europe against forced and illegal immigration. The people are voting today at the polls due to many who rose up a few years ago. Tommy Robinson was an intelligent voice that was one of those. I never heard anything come from his mouth that was just blatant hate and I also was unaware of his history. I’ve been watching this develop about the time Brexit came about but not prior.

Which was in direct violation of the courts decision that no reporting was to take place at that time.

Unlike the US when a case goes to court there are all manner of different reporting restrictions that are in place or can be enforced. For example you will not find anyone in the British media giving opinions on a criminal case once the court case begins.

That’s what he said…the Brits are behaving more like China.

2 Likes

Robinson was filming the the defendants walking in to the court building and broadcasting it on Facebook,no reporters were allowed to do what he did and he was on parole for a similar incident

It isn’t a free speech issue court orders are imposed to protect child witnesses and to not prejudice witnesses and jurors.At the close of the trial the restrictions are lifted and the details can be reported.

It isn’t seen as a bad thing by anybody here except the race hate morons and they’re only interested in a case if it contains Muslims,blacks or anybody else they hate.

Tommy Robinson is scum, it amuses me right wing Americans think differently.