Hitchcock Was a Genius / Hitchcock Was Horrible

Funny, when you go on about Hungarians and plots, the move Ed Wood came to mind, this scene in particular…

3 Likes

Are you seriously comparing Stanley Kubrick with Ed Wood?

No. That’s Tim Burton’s “Ed Wood,” which is arguably the best flick he ever directed. It’s a classier comparison, at least.

The Movie was a parody of Ed Wood. I Don’t agree it was Tim Burton best film, but you cannot compare Tim Burton to Stanley Kubrick either.

There is no comparison between Kubrick and Burton, although Burton is talented. Kubrick is top 5 all time.

I was referencing the sinister Hungarian vibe you posted. Lugosi was Hungarian and played sinister roles, but his “pull the string” moment on Ed Wood was a classic Jewish trope, the “puppeteer”, so to speak.

My top 5 are:

1. Kurosawa
  2. Malick
  3. Kubrick
  4. The Coen Brothers
  5. Cuaron
1 Like

Only Kurosawa could be on that list.

Kubrick would on top, David Lean would be number two, Wyler number three. Hitchcock,

Malick…to the infamy of his name…is a ridiculous pretender, just idiopathic, voice in the head babbling.

Lean, Wyler and Hitchcock wouldn’t make my top ten.

1 Like

That’s absurd.

Cuaron;s Roma was a masterpiece. Gravity was mediocre. You cannot compare a director with one masterpiece to prolific directors with many masterpieces.

Coen brothers made some good films but nowhere near the masterpiece level.

1. Scorcese
  2. Lynch
  3. Coppola
  4. Fellini
  5. Bergman

The Coen brothers have made several masterpiece level films.

No Country for old men
Fargo
Blood Simple
Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
The Big Lebowski

1 Like

And Cuaron directed Children Of Men, a top 10 film candidate.

1 Like

Don’t forget Barton Fink, Miller’s Crossing, The Man Who Wasn’t There, Raising Arizona and True Grit.

They’re all good, except for Crimewave and The Ladykillers.

All great films, agree on the last 2 as well, not a fan.

Coppola would number five for me. Lynch, Antonioni, De Palma…Cameron

But movie directors are not the topic here.

Kubrick is one through ten, in reality.

Eyes Wide Shut, even sneaks Soros into EWS, because Kubrick knew these crazy people to the core. It has so many clues in the movie it requires many viewings

The topic is how talking about Soros is censored.
He’s the most evil

Conspiracy stuff, sorry. Illuminati tangents and secret societies are the foodstuff of pointless discussions, not the real world. People see what they want to see, I suppose.

3 Likes

Blasphemy.

1 Like

I will defend Crimewave to my dying day

Miller’s Crossing is legitimately underrated. That ■■■■ is amazing.

2 Likes

It’s second or third favorite Coen Brothers film, after Lebowski (and maybe tied with Fargo).

Lebowski
Fargo
No Country For Old Men
Intolerable Cruelty
Burn After Reading
A Serious Man