Have Democrats painted themselves into a corner?

No matter our collective opinion’s and grades given on leadership style of any elected official the conventional recourse for people is the next election in each casting ballots. Really looking like Portland mayor in denying Trump’s offers to quell the violence in his town is strictly a partisan affair and one that people around the country who have safety concerns are shaking their heads in disagreement now as op ed here has estutely noted.

Let it all hang out.

Along with LA and Houston.

What’s your town like? Heck we probably lived in the same town.

No, places like Medford and Roseburg are.

LOL, The whole state of Oregon is “pretty white”.

It’s pretty on topic in a discussion about what’s costing a party the election.

Portland propoganda is a big hit in the crowds that have the leisure to parade around in boats, while covid relief is a far more important issue to a far larger demographic.

I would imagine it is fairly common when you make alliances with radicals.

9 - 19

So, instead of making it about me, lets take a look back and despite perceptions of Oregon being some hippie dippie la la land, Oregon has a long and extensive history with white supremacists. The original Oregon Constitution explicitly stated that Oregon was for whites only, and outside of parts of Portland, Eugene, and Salem most of the state is still exceptionally racist and hostile to minorities. Roseburg was a hotbed of the Klan well into the 50’s, and I can remember riding down there for track meets with most of the town turning out to watch our team bus drive by because I went to a school with black students, some who were on the track team, and it was a show of intimidation.

During WWII, there was a temporary town made on a man made on reclaimed land in the Columbia called Vanport, and a lot of black workers migrated there for work in the shipyards. The town flooded in 1948 and a lot of those black workers were forced to move to North and Northeast Portland, redlined there. Here’s a primer on Oregon, as someone who lived there for a long time, it’s racist as hell in most of the state.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2017/06/07/when-portland-banned-blacks-oregons-shameful-history-as-an-all-white-state/

I’m not sure why it’s important to note that Oregon is mostly white, unless it’s to highlight the fact that it’s racist as hell, just like the Idaho panhandle and a lot of the Pacific Northwest.

1 Like

Tell that to Pelosi and the Democrats. They are taking the position if they don’t get what they want, there will be no aid.

1 Like

Yup…Even the union bosses gave up. :wink:

1 Like

Yes…Portland is one of or if not the most whitest city in the country that’s over half a million people.

I also find it ironic for someone that does lot of race baiting on this forum only seen Blacks through a car windshield.

1 Like

Fascinating, that you guys have started to literally gaslight yourselves.

Debord was right.

As I said…it explains few things.

So now with racist past that Portland has they feel a need to speak for all Blacks?

I’m not sure of of logic you’re using?

The hippies are protesting racial injustice and police brutality, of which there is a long history of in Oregon. Glad we cleared this up.

What does it explain? Obviously you are trying to say since I have roots in the area then I must have white supremacist leanings.

Which is a pretty dumb angle to take, but here we are. If that’s not what you’re insinuating, then feel free to clarify what “explains a few things” is supposed to mean.

The hippies experiencing police brutality in Portland? :rofl:

Where are you going with this? If they’re not black they can’t be against racial injustice and police brutality?

I read Stormfront and other white supremacist communities. Does that make me a white supremacist? Nope. I share nothing in common with their beliefs or say anything that sounds like them.

Their beliefs and the things they say sound all too familiar though. Guess who they sound like?

For those that don’t know Portland. Portland is thee most whitest large city in America with extreme tolerant for protesting and smoking pot.

Those protesting don’t know first hand about police brutality or racial injustice. They never experienced it nor have they ever witnessed it.

They’re mostly from well to do families. Today the city is into high tech industry…maybe not like SF and Seattle but that is were the wealth is at now.

Their Black population is 5.5 percent with city about 650 thousand people.

1 Like

And yet the ugliest form of racism is using entire race as sacrificial pawns so one can remain in power.

1 Like

Ok, and? Since they’re not black they can’t protest.

Between that and the “sacrificial pawn” comment…wow. What happened to keeping it to a dull roar?

3 Likes