Have Democrats painted themselves into a corner?

A dictator would have an underling use the IRS to oppress the opposing party like Obama did. Then Lerner bragged about it after the election calling it an apology!

1 Like

Biden said some interesting in his little Pittsburgh speech that could become very problematic for him very quickly.

“Let me say that again: I am not banning fracking no matter how many times Donald Trump lies about me.”

His comments about the violence as well. They directly contradict statements made by BLM speakers.

He has made alliances he can’t handle and now he’s chasing poll numbers. He’s missing the schwepunkt and has lost the initiative.

I think Trump is prepping the debate battle space.

2 Likes

This sudden dem criticism of rioting is not going to sit well with The Woke.

1 Like

He will be welcomed by his supporters if they are not too scared to come out in public in fear of being shamed. The state as of Wisconsin is not a solid blue state anymore at the national level anymore.

That being said the local politicians are responsible for keeping their areas safe. I could be wrong but I don’t think the city burnings is helping the Democratic Party, especially two months before the election.

I will say this again I still think it’s Baden’s race to lose I just think that all the rioting is were we are seeing his lead lesson over the past few months. Two more months of violence and rioting possibly could flip the race.

1 Like

Good OP and thread @Bill.in.PA

Strong.

Nor is it with the woken.

The reminders will be there well after the election is over.

Talk about tone deaf. Biden is going to screw around and put those women on the warpath.

That’s why it has been burning for “decades” as President Trump said last night on Laura Ingraham’s show and why Ingraham didn’t bother to contradict our President.

Thank you for the thoughtful response. You are talking about your opinion and I find nothing irrational about it, but I think the violence and rioting are NOT exclusively detrimental to Biden and beneficial to Trump. Nixon won on a “Law and Order” campaign in '68, but he was not the incumbent. President Trump’s argument that he must be re-elected to end the violence and looting he can’t stop now is weak sauce to me. For others too I imagine.

1 Like

White people are burning it.

for decades.

Bigly

It’s all jockeying all the time by both candidates. Pretty unsightly to watch.

UPDATE: Here is a local report from Portland about events last night:

On Monday night, Portland police declared a riot outside Mayor Ted Wheeler’s apartment complex in Northwest Portland after protesters broke windows, burglarized a business, shot off fireworks, lit a picnic table on fire and set a fire inside an occupied apartment building. Police said they made 19 arrests.

It looks the chickens are coming home to roost in Portland. What will it take for the mayor to support sending in the national guard to end the violence?

Perhaps Biden should make a personal appearance to tell Antifa that rioting, looting, and arson are not valid protests?

If so, should Biden go without the Secret Service protection since federal agents provoke violence according to Democrats?

Yes, it’s complex; politics is the art of making the simple complex and the complex simple. But Joe did say this, “I condemn violence of every kind by anyone, whether on the left or the right. And I challenge Donald Trump to do the same.” Whether he said so because it’s heartfelt or political is kinda irrelevant at this time. Every public servant should condemn violence of all kinds. In one, unified, strong American voice.

Without President Trump’s help. ■■■?

Trump has done that.

The challenge for Biden is to condemn the leftist organizations that have been promoting the violence.
Trump provides a template for condemnation of violent extremists:

Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists – because they should be condemned totally. --Donald Trump August 2017

When will Biden make similar statements about Antifa and elements of BLM?

Antifa? Biden should condemn them. And Trump’s condemnation of neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Good. He should do it every day. 2017 is a lifetime ago.