Frankincense. Anyone?

I heard an interesting theory that Jesus’ family actually had wealth. It was why he could wear a tunic woven without seams, (something only wealthy people could usually afford), and why his disciples were taken aback at his “eye of the needle” teaching, (if He was wealthy, and He was saying wealthy people would find it hard to be saved, then they asked, “Well then who can be saved??”), why he would be welcomed at dinner in rich people’s homes, (the classes usually stayed separate), why being born in a stable would have been especially degrading to a wealthy family, and other such things.

1 Like

These are all beautiful inferences too, and sometimes it’s a shame that canon makes these nothing but inferences by individuals seeking to fill gaps in on their own.

This particular inference of our Lord being born into and shrugging off Earthly wealth is pretty dang similar to Buddha’s story. According to Wiki:

“Siddhartha Gautama, most commonly referred to as the Buddha, was a wandering ascetic and religious teacher who lived in South Asia during the 6th or 5th century BCE and founded Buddhism. According to Buddhist legends, he was born in Lumbini, in what is now Nepal, to royal parents of the Shakya clan, but renounced his home life to live as a wandering ascetic.

For the record, I’m not a “Buddhist” either.

Steven Spielberg was producing a movie about a hidden kingdom. Kevin Spacey was cast as the king. There was a knight who was on a quest to find a way into the kingdom, and the key to entry was to find a certain giant Buddha-like statue with passageways inside the body of the statue, and an exit point through the left knee. Spielberg was considering both Mitch Ryan and Mark Hamill as the actor for the knight. He eventually settled for Mark Hamill. When he was asked in an interview why he chose Hamill, he said, “It was easier for Hamill to get through the knee of the idol than for Mitch Ryan to enter the Kingdom of Kevin.”

2 Likes

In “Recorded History” it’s taboo by those that make laws to keep control in the hives. There is survival value to that however, to people who cling and endlessly repeat primitive samsaric behavior.

People are always creating their future rebirths and have a hard time realizing THEY are doing it by their own causes made with body, mouth and mind. It spirals downhill and then all their arrogant “best laid plans” turn out to be silly.

LUCKILY, there is a more reliable memory bank where the past, present and future can be “read”.

1 Like

Anticancer properties …
Improve oral health…
Asthma…
Gut function…
Arthritis…

Real medicine in the first century?

1 Like

All medicine originates in Nature. One plant stands above them all in terms of medicinal benefits.

I am for legalizing cannabis. I was for legalizing liquor in my county when it was dry. Our county is a lot more calm than it was when it was dry with the bootleggers and drunk drivers. People who want it are gonna get it anyway and if it’s legal it will be more affordable.

I think people should be exposed to all of it and maybe learn temperance. We lived in a wet county for a time when this county was still dry. People visited me and tried to drink the town dry.

I just want people to better understand the history these things have throughout our cultures and religions and sciences.

Those links I posted number in the hundreds, and that’s not even half of the peer-reviewed studies out there. All that, and it’s just the tip of the iceberg. It doesn’t cover the tens of thousands of industrial uses (fuel, construction material, plastics, textiles, etc.).

But circling back around to Frankincense, you’ll note that it has the same exact terpenes as certain strain of Cannabis, just as other strains have piney, peppery, floral, citrus scents.

Myrcene is a terpene found in mangoes and some of my favorite strains of cannabis. It’s one of the more potent terpenes in terms of anti-inflammation, and potheads have long known that eating a mango about 45-60 minutes before smoking pot enhanced the body-numbing effects (couch-lock).

Humulene is very effective for pain and has good anti-bacterial properties. This would also have synergistic effects with cannabinoids, and there’s no reason to think that people weren’t purposely getting stoned for religious purposes in a time where prepubescent children drank alcohol with breakfast.

Are you serious?..2022?

No wonder you think Pot is the best thing since sliced bread!

I have no idea what you think you just inferred from my posts. lol

I clicked that old thread from 2022 you linked where you said you planned on trying it at least once before you died…or was that somebody elses quote…? :upside_down_face:

No, that was @Piper saying she wanted to try it. I’m 30 years in since my first joint. :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh…okay…
:smile: :laughing:

1 Like

It read as your quote :crazy_face:

1 Like

K…special invitation…come visit me and I’ll roll a fat one. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

But that…“leads to harder stuff”…like bread, chips etc.

1 Like

I’ve been married to the woman who walks the straightest line (opposites attract) and she has been a positive influence on me (thank you Father) all this time. That said, I work a job that entails a lot and is considered highly stressful. I come home at night, poor a drink and then go and what I call…“sit on the Yeti”. It’s a little time by myself where I’ll enjoy a l’il herb. We’ve been married in excess of 40 years. In her profession, what I do will not pass muster. One day, someone in her circle, with many professionals listening said the same thing. She…of all people…based on what she witnessed all this time said, “no it doesn’t”. Every one there was shocked that this came out of her mouth. We’re opposite but she honored me in an area that she will not participate in any way, shape or form. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

I thought that was me. I haven’t tried it yet. I don’t even know what is smells like burning. lol

2 Likes

You missed my post edit where i said it leads to harder stuff…bread, chips, pizza, bagels.

1 Like

Depends where you live I suppose. In CA it’s normal air.