Frankincense. Anyone?

Now on to Myrrh

1 Like

Yes. Feel free.

LOL Gummy sap.

Whatever the reason, it had to hold a very high value for the people bringing it.

From the article I posted:

About 2,000 years ago, frankincense was mainly prized for its use in religious ceremonies as incense, as most varieties have a woody, musky scent thanks to a group of chemicals in the resin called terpenes. At the time, thousands of tons were shipped from Africa around the Mediterranean, to India, and even as far as China, making frankincense one of the most lucrative commodities.

“Back then, Somali frankincense — Boswellia frereana — was the variety that was most traded,” Ali told Live Science. “In Arabic, it’s called Asli, which means ‘the original’ or ‘the first,’ and it’s thought to be the one that was presented to Jesus.”

1 Like

I believe this to be very accurate, especially if Kaneh Bosem was involved.

The New Testament was written and translated from different languages than the Old Testament, so it could just be as simple as the interpretation of the time.

Myrrh, Cinnamon, Kaneh Bosem (incense?), Cassia, and Olive Oil were extremely important plants for extremely important people.

Terpenes are how the various highs are achieved with Cannabis.

The woody smells come from the Humulene terpene (the light brown section of the graph).

That brings us to the second occasion it was mentioned in the New Covenant Scripture “…most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble, 13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts…” The Revelation 18

Frankincense was mentioned with other costly things.

I would really like to smell it. I just looked and Amazon has frankincense and myrrh. :sunglasses:

If only it was better identified when first written about. I like this thought exercise.

1 Like

Focus on Ingredients: Frankincense – Heliotrope San Francisco.

In the 5th century B.C.E., the Greek historian Herodotus instructed that great care needed to be taken when harvesting frankincense resin. He warned that multi-colored, venomous winged snakes guarded the groves by living in and among the trees. These snakes had to be driven away before approaching the trees to harvest their resin. The only way to deter the snakes was by burning styrax, a resin from another tree. Was this a myth created to deter people from going near the frankincense groves? Or were there really snakes that lived in the same area with the trees? We’ll never know the origins of this story, but it illustrates that people have gone out of their way to find frankincense for thousands of years.

The frankincense of the Israelites as well as of the Greeks and Romans is also called Olibanum.

Exodus 30:34 “And the LORD said unto Moses, Take unto thee sweet spices, stacte, and onycha, and galbanum; [these] sweet spices with pure frankincense: of each shall there be a like [weight]: 35 And thou shalt make it a perfume, a confection after the art of the apothecary, tempered together, pure [and] holy: 36 And thou shalt beat [some] of it very small, and put of it before the testimony in the tabernacle of the congregation, where I will meet with thee: it shall be unto you most holy. 37 And [as for] the perfume which thou shalt make, ye shall not make to yourselves according to the composition thereof: it shall be unto thee holy for the LORD. 38 Whosoever shall make like unto that, to smell thereto, shall even be cut off from his people.”

It tastes and smells terrible. You rub it on your gums-

1 Like

This is the struggle that prevents us all from knowing without a doubt IMO - In Exodus, that’s a different “Frankincense” as in, this word comes from a very different set of languages (Old Testament) than the “Frankincense” of the New Testament. They could easily be two entirely different plants.

It’s not too bad at all when vaporized in a bathroom in order to compliment strains like Sour Diesel, OG Kush, etc…

:face_with_monocle: Isaiah 28:13 "Therefore the word of the LORD will be to them precept upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, there a little;

Like 4 blind men and an elephant. lol

72 Jewish scholars — 6 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel translated the 39 books of the OT from Hebrew to Greek. It’s the Septuagint, or also called LXX. It’s pretty accurate.

It seems that the phrase “entheogenic origin of religion” has been scrubbed from the internet. I’ve coined that phrase in many lifetimes. EASY way to get crucified!

SOMA Amrita and Manna is the real stuff. Ultimately, people need Strict training to do it right or they end up like annoying, Anakin Skywalker.

Grasses are full of DMT…but then people start worshipping leprecauns.

Ironically, only synthetics, free of impurities and toxins is wise.

INDRA stirs the Soma, it comes down into the meditator from the lunar storage tank and voila, religion starts.----But that’s all in the past until samsara becomes nirvana. Cows are able to eat soma and pee out Amrita. The elixer of immortality, Mushrooms grow in their poop, but even their ruminant stomachs aren’t perfect. The Latter Day of plant toxins is all the people’s blunders.

But in the latter day time period, hunans, extracting the toxins gets tricky. Kaneh Bosem is just of short term usefulness in these trobled times. Seriously it shares morphogenetic resonance with Paraquat. :joy:

I’d say it came in handy in a barn with animals. I don’t think the Magi or “the astrologers” brought any stinking weed to the baby Jesus. Skoal? Maybe, but not weed. :joy:

1 Like

Myrrh is good for your gums?

Supposedly, but it’s toxic.

Faith.

I’ve played the telephone game too. My Jewish ancestors played it for centuries before they decided to start writing it down. If things were so easy, the frankincense of the ancient Jews would not remain unidentified. :man_shrugging: