Floyd was dead anyway. Who knew?

According to both medical report he was in-fact killed by the police officer.

Yeah, well, welcome to reality.

And there you would be wrong.

Dr King was accused of being a communist.

Allan

Yes you are doing a good job of doing just that.

I was involved in a car accident and broke 5 ribs, one which punctured a lung. I was in a lot of pain and was prescribed a fentanyl patch. The pain was gone and yet, my mind was not cloudy. I thought…this can’t be working? My nurse wife asked if I wanted the prescription renewed? I said no…it’s not doing anything. It ran out on a Saturday evening and on Sunday morning…I couldn’t get out of bed. Fentanyl…used for the right purpose…is a miracle drug.

3 Likes

Here is a link to a thread with background information:

My suspicion is that Floyd overdosed on Fentanyl after he handled a small bag of white powder that appears in one of the videos. Fentanyl is easily absorbed through the skin and a small amount of powdered Fentanyl on the skin may have been enough to raise his blood concentrations to lethal levels over a period of several minutes.

As someone with some experience and expertise in the police world and dealing with addicts here are a few thoughts.

1. Everyone bringing up tolerance is correct. What is fatal to one person will not be to another. Just like alcohol. Most people are in danger of slipping into a coma at a .4 BAC but I’ve dealt with someone who was a .58 at 11 am and he was walking and talking, obviously drunk but not anywhere near coma. We don’t have easily obtainable ranges for narcotics but there is obvious tolerance going on with many.

2. The three cops besides Chauvin will either have charges dismissed or be quickly found not guilty. Two were rookies in their first few days and the other had next to no interaction with Chauvin and was dealing with crowd control the whole time. The charges on them were political.

3. I’d say its about 50 / 50 Chauvin gets off. The autopsy found no evidence of neck damage or suffocation. The private medical examiner hired by the family never actually saw the body, he just watched a video and read a report by the original and came to the conclusion he was paid to come to. Chauvin is on video expressing concern that Floyd was suffering from excited delirium and was actually following department training. Yes it looks bad but the actual training manuals that Minneapolis PD use for ED tell officers to do exactly what Chauvin was doing and even have the neck restraint in them. With him following his training and the lack of any actual direct link to his kneeling and Floyd’s death its going to be hard to make a causal link required for murder. Juries might decide on the perception of the video rather than fact of law which is why if Minnesota allows it I bet Chauvin opts for a judge rather than jury to try the case.

4. The country will burn when 3 if not all 4 of them are exonerated.

1 Like

Agree

Maybe those other cops will get off, but it shouldn’t be because they are rookies. They had adequate training to deemed police officers and the state handed them weapons. We would not accept the “rookie” excuse for a surgeon or airplane pilot, why would we for the police?

Let hope he doesn’t get off. He flat out killed Floyd.

Yes, it will burn if Chavin gets off. Unlikely if Chavin is convicted but not others.

Glad you’re here to explain what a painkiller is.

Unsure how many times you have to be told that fentanyl ODs don’t work like that.

Any pain killer I’ve ever received…it had a side effect of fogging your brain. This pain was severe, the fentanyl killed it and yet I could still do math problems.

Cities don’t get a say on changes of venue.

Yep. Take for example… a man jumps off a twenty story building to commit suicide. You shoot your gun out a second story window in that building and by chance, the bullet hits that man dead center between his eyes. The cause of death is the bullet, not impacting the sidewalk two stories further down.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

There is no way to prove it. The video is not enough.

It wasn’t just fentanyl in his system. It was also meth. Nope, I’m not a doctor, but one induces sleep, the other keeps you awake. In the end, it will be whichever liar persuades a jury.

No. Again. You cannot stay awake through a Fentanyl overdose. I don’t care if you smoke crack or crank, it’s impossible.

This is not an unknowable lightness of being thing. The man died from a cop kneeling on his neck for nine minutes as he begged for his life. Not from being the first human in history to stay conscious through a fentanyl OD.

I have no issue with the cop going to prison for a long long time, but I do wonder why this information wasn’t made very public immediately when the report came out. It’s almost like some kind of political agenda is driving this racial antagonism…

But no. That can’t be the case because our government cares more about the people then power and would never engage in causing division among citizens. :rofl: :rofl:

Because outside of CSI, a tox screen takes quite a bit of time to come back from the lab. There’s no conspiracy

It just sounds like making excuses for the cop that killed Floyd.

Here’s more on the cop cams and some reasoning detailing how Floyd was already a goner.

https://thedailycoin.org/2020/07/19/george-floyds-fentanyl-overdose-multiple-officers-body-cams-reveal-floyd-saying-he-was-choking-and-couldnt-breathe-before-he-ever-hit-the-ground/

Unless you are a female comedian apparently.