New video of the George Floyd arrest

The Daily Mail published new videos of the George Floyd arrest. The first video appears to be from a bodycam of a policeman approaching Floyd in his minivan and later attempting to put Floyd into a police car. Floyd seems to have a hard time speaking and is not responsive the officer. Floyd is very distressed as the police attempt to put him into the back of a police car.

Here are a few excerpts:

3:55 Are you high on something? No

5:40 I am claustrophobic for real . . .

6:25 I am going to die . . . . (He is standing in the open car doorway.)

7:53 I can’t joke. I can’t breath . . . (He appears to be sitting in the car.)

For the other videos see:

The government autopsy showed 11 ng/mL of fentanyl and 5.6 ng/mL of norfentanyl, which is a metabolite of fentanyl. The autopsy notes:
Signs associated with fentanyl toxicity include severe respiratory depression, seizures, hypotension, coma and death. In fatalities from fentanyl, blood concentrations are variable and have been reported as low as 3 ng/mL.

The autopsy also noted that he had “arteriosclerotic heart disease, multifocal, severe”, and was COVID-19 positive but did not have obvious COVID symptoms.

Here is a more complete description of a fentanyl overdose:
A person overdosing on fentanyl may present with the following overdose signs and symptoms:
Pinpoint pupils.
Weak muscles.
Dizziness.
Confusion.
Extreme sleepiness.
Loss of consciousness.
Profoundly slowed heart beat.
Very low blood pressure.
Dangerously slowed or stopped breathing.
Bluish tint to nails and lips.
The effects that a fentanyl overdose have on the user’s heart rate and breathing present the biggest risk of death or permanent damage.
https://drugabuse.com/fentanyl/overdose/

Was Floyd’s behavior consistent with someone with an overdose of fentanyl?

Was a fentanyl overdose combined with existing medical conditions a big factor in George Floyd’s death?

It looks like a trial will ultimately decide those kinds of questions.

No, the main factor in Floyd’s death was a ■■■■■■■ knee on his neck for approximately 9 minutes.

4 Likes

Can that be proved beyond all reasonable doubt?

Or would Floyd be alive today without the fentanyl?

Those will be questions for a jury to decide.

Yeah, ok, it was Fentanyl’s fault.

1 Like

If he was ODing on Fentanyl he would have been unconscious.

If it was ODing on Fentanyl he wouldn’t be able to drive a car.

Do you have personal experience with that?

Do you have any evidence of Floyd driving during the video?

The video starts with Floyd sitting in the driver’s seat of the minivan.

If he was overdosing he wouldn’t be responding, he might have been on drugs but the drugs didn’t kill him.

this isn’t the movies, if you overdose you hit the floor like a bag of potatoes.

Accord to the medical examiners, Floyd died because of a â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  knee on his neck for 9 minutes.

1 Like

cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression

The jury will presumably see all the videos and will hear evidence of what happened. A reasonable question is whether Floyd would still be alive if he did not have a blood fentanyl concentration at over three times a potentially lethal level.

Add the drugs to this and the cop everyone knows will be acquitted, then the country is going to go ape â– â– â– â–  all over again.

(Synopsis) Dr describing why it wasn’t the cop on Floyd’s neck that killed him, but the one behind him on his chest.

I don’t know if fentanyl played a role in that or not because I’ve never had a high dose of it, but I’ve seen people freak out over phobias before, and I’d tend to believe George in what I saw. That being said, I fully believe he was murdered by those cops.

I do. I’ve watched people die of dope ODs. You go on the nod, you fall asleep, you stop breathing. That’s how it works.

2 Likes

That does not exonerate the training officer who ordered the other officer to not turn Floyd when he asked

1 Like

This whole thing is a baffling argument because it honestly makes it worse if they thought he was on the nod. Any cop who didn’t just fall off the turnip truck knows dope ■■■■■ with your breathing reflex. So the cop should have been more concerned when he said he couldn’t breathe, not less.

1 Like

I dealt with phobias a lot in my previous life. They are as real as bullet wounds.

1 Like

My friend was in Montreal with his Air Force Buddies they bought some bad coke, took 30 second from snorting it to him hitting the floor like a bag of potatoes one of them died the other was on life support for 2 weeks.

I don’t think it will get anybody off. It may get the charges bumped down one.

They had a duty to protect and they killed him.

Clearly the death was a tragedy and logically the restraints were at least a contributing factor. A question is whether the neck restraint was outside accepted police procedures:

FOX13 looked at the Minneapolis Police Department’s Use of Force Policy and found that “neck restraint” is included as an option available to officers, then spoke to several current and former officers who said none of them were ever trained to use a move like that to subdue a citizen.

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/local/former-officer-reacts-minneapolis-police-policy-that-allows-neck-restraint/YLCUAYTCTZFJVPN4AVW645IFCM/

1 Like