Florida Spike in Cases

Schools mandate several vaccines already. Add covid to for kids over 12 and let’s get these schools open safely again…come on…

The tools are all right there to do this.

But we won’t use them because…? Owning libs?

state government have the police powers. the fed doesn’t

I’m not following your logic.

Should the government - any government, federal, state or local - tell private businesses how to do their business? Regulate their policies regarding a pandemic? Or should that decision be let to the ones of the private business?

Should state governments tell local school boards what to do regarding the safety of their student and staff, or are the local boards in a better position to respond to local conditions?

Pretty much. The only way to avoid a contagion that spreads easily is to avoid it. Pulling your shirt over your face in a large crowd isn’t doing much.

2 Likes

should and can are not the same thing. state governments, unless they’ve banned it from themselves in state constitutions, have the police powers. my personal belief is they should refrain from using them as much as possible and leave it at the county/city level. the choice is ultimately theirs (the state), and then the peoples

A conservative started the first thread. Check out the early-on lib attitudes regarding the virus, compared to the later-on TV programming.

1 Like

Looks like public opinion in Florida is turning.

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1422677158472785926

Again…fake masking.

2 Likes

It’s just her feed bag. Maybe she was hungry. lol

1 Like

No heart attack for me. But as a Covid survivor still dealing with some breathing issues, breathing recycled air is difficult for me. Sometimes triggering a gag reflex. I cheat as much as possible to get fresh air.

It’s a game to the likes of her. Photo opt then demand the masses wear them. Then do as she pleases otherwise. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Eww… Sorry to hear that hermano.

What about proving to the citizens with science and stats and good faith debating, letting all sides present their cases, that the masks some have been using actually work to reduce the spread, and letting people make what they believe are the most logical choices.

Why is that not also “a chance”?

Stamping out dissent is not going to win hearts and minds.

School is compulsory. Protecting kids is just smart. GOP governors are changing course for good reason.

Sorry - sincerely - you are having to deal with that. Might you be eligible for a medical exemption to wearing a mask?

Not looking for sympathy. Just not wanting to wear an unnecessary against my will.

1 Like

That’s an interesting take. I might look into that.

Not effective.
Not very effective.
Very effective.

Does “not very effective” mean “not effective?” Is a preventative measure which is “not very effective” the same as a preventative measure which is “not effective?” Is the argument that unless something is “very effective” it shouldn’t be done?

Yes.