First time since 2002 a president hasn’t visited troops on Christmas

He went to the one place where he says there is no plan to leave. Still good though.

The president is doing the right thing. I hope I can say this a lot in the coming year.

Good. He needs to do more of this.

Fat donald finally bowed down to pressure but I still give him credit for this.

Meh. He isn’t doing it because of deep concern for the military.

2 Likes

It’s strictly a PR move, imo.

2 Likes

I wonder if he asked if the troops could build him a golf course? Good for him to make the trip.

1 Like

Isn’t everything he does a pr move?

1 Like

Again. Another example of how low the bar is set for this President. Something considered common to the job is thought as something special for Trump. How pathetic it is that we get surprised when he acts like a human being.

5 Likes

Nope. Good security reasons.

1 Like

True.

10TrumpMerryXmas

Photo op… take him out as a president you wouldn’t see him near them…unlike Obama or bush

I would like to see him pull the troops out of Iraq as well, could care less of the criticism that comes afterwords.

24 hours ago:

Trump didn’t visit the troops on Christmas.

24 hours later:

Trump did it as a photo op.

lol :popcorn:

5 Likes

Guess this is fake news, then? I can’t work out who’s more stupid, Trump or NBC. I guess I have to go with the clowns that gave Trump more fake news ammo.

The evolution of the thread was glorious.

1 Like

Anyone notice that flight jacket he was wearing? The Name Patch? Very very telling, IMO

Sort of a damn if you do damn if you don’t situation. The first 20 comments on the thread was damning him for not going and now since that fell through plan ‘B’.

2 Likes

Yes, time to pivot to their attire. I came here specific to see the posting regarding this event. So predictable. It did not disappoint. Went exactly as I imagined but still so entertaining to read it. Comedy gold.

People are saying that this is trump’s opportunity to return to the U.S. via Mar a Lago. People have paid $600 for tickets with the assumption that the president was going to be there. I can’t see him missing this event.