First time since 2002 a president hasn’t visited troops on Christmas

You might have a point if trump had ever visited troops in a combat zone in the last 2 years.

He should have, still hoping he pulls them out of Iraq and he can visit them at home :slight_smile:

He should have just went to Hawaii and visited them there. That’s OK and accepted.

1 Like

This is a simple yes or no answer question (well to you and all other libs and never trumpers)

Do you actually beleive that a trip for the President of the United States to a foreign country, into a hostile area was actually planned, coordinated, and everything in less than 24 hours?

Yes.

The POTUS is probably the one person in the world who actually can do that.

What’s your point? How far in advance do you think it was planned? Probably, the moment he knew he had to cancel his trip to Mar a Lago. Otherwise, one would have to believe that this was already scheduled and he was supposed to leave from Florida – secretly – to visit the troops. That seems very unlikely.

Yes…this isn’t 1924…

Again too bad…8 years of moronic crap under Obama with tan suits and .mustard to everything being a photo op…

Deal with it.

Can’t find a decent pic. What is the issue with the jacket?

No it’s not. But they still do security sweeps of th earea, secure area’s, all other kinds of things. Few years ago when a president visited Utah (a non hosility area) the SS was in the area a month before the visit up until the visit. 24 hr notice for a presidential visit – to a foreign country none the less – would take a lot of planning.

Do you think it was thought up, planned, and performed in 24 hours or less?

yes or no?

A scheduled meeting with Iraq’s prime minister, Adel Abdul-Mahdi, was cancelled.

Already scheduled meeting… talking about possible trip to visit the troops in November.

I’m thinking it’s not a total last minute operation.

Poor CNN

I believe that we all might be surprised at how fast these types of logistics can be planned and executed. The DOD has had a good deal of experience with these presidential visits.

Is it a coincidence Trump left the US and suddenly the market was doing much better?

Sorry I’m not buying that they arranged the trip to a war zone in less than 24 hours.

It was a great slap fest with epic high fives. lol

2 Likes

Yea, best sales for the holiday in 6 years had nothing to do with it:

Sales in the U.S. from Nov. 1 through Christmas Eve were up 5.1 percent to more than $850 billion, according to Mastercard SpendingPulse, which monitors spending both in stores and online via all forms of payment.

Yea investers reding that consumer confidence remains high had nothing to do with it . . .

Consumer confidence remains strong, translating into robust retail sales, said Steve Sadove, former CEO of Saks and currently advisor for Mastercard.

Many retailers will start to report holiday sales figures in the coming weeks, and analysts will be looking to see which companies benefited the most from the latest surge in spending.

Once the final numbers come in, it may go up again.

Perhaps not. But I believe that there was always a plan in place and that it could be implemented in 24 hours.

Now this I have to hear.

What scenario would they pre-plan a presidential trip to a war zone (any)?

I’d love to hear it.

Not to worry. CNN is on the case. They’ll make those troops pay for this.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1078095128219271169

2 Likes

I wonder how much sales was put on credit cards and how much pricing was affected by tarrifs if any. Recovering from days of losses gets us back to last Friday.