Does the President have Absolute Power over the Country and States

What is unconstitutional is revoking individual liberty for a tricky new flu once the crisis point is clearly over.

Trump is enforcing those rights.

We saved the hospitals.

:hospital:

2 Likes

Your really pushing the “this is over” stuff, eh?

2 Likes

I mean, he is the GEOTUS afterall.

Apparently Trump has been practicing.

4 Likes

What part of “once this is over” caused confusion in your response?

:hospital:

I wonder what the narrative would have been if the previous president came out of his mouth with what Trump said yesterday. I know for a FACT some members of this board, Fox News et al would lose their ■■■■ .

Anyway, this jackass really need a civics lesson and maybe actually read the Constitution.

6 Likes

Indeed. Sit back and watch them twist, or say nothing, because he’s the Big Daddy they’ve always pined for. :joy_cat:

4 Likes

Precisely. I know what they would have said about Obama saying something like this - because I was still in the Republican Party during Obama’s term. I would have been saying the same things about him then that I’m saying about Trump now.

4 Likes

Ahhhhhhhh…the newest, daily…call out to all libs everywhere…to light your hair on fire. I luv it. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

How bout comment on the topic?

6 Likes

Here’s a call out to libs everywhere
It’s time for a match to light your hair
Trump’s the reason so don’t hold back
Light that hair and turn it black.

Tomorrow when the day starts new
Libs will have another reason for you
OMG…Trump’s a liar
It’s time for libs to light their hair on fire. :sunglasses:

1 Like

How bout comment on the topic?

8 Likes

The true axiom: supply equals demand.

The 10th Amendment gives the State the power to do as they wish so long as they are fairly autonomous.

However, if the states are insist on the Federal government to bail them out in way that more money is needed to restart their local economies that is where both the POTUS and Congress can insist such states to conform to executive will.

Federal cash and resources often come with caveats.

For example, President Dwight Eisenhower signed into law in 1956 the Federal Aid Highway Act of 1956 (also short titled the National Interstate and Defense Highways Act). At the time, it was the largest amount of money given towards “infrastructure”, a word often cited by President Trump during this crisis. This act explicitly authorized appropriations for continuing the construction of highways,; to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide additional revenue from taxes on motor fuel, tire, and trucks and buses; and for the other purposes. The term “defense” was included to divert costs from defense funds and provide access to the US militia to defend itself during conventional or nuclear war. Do you see where the POTUS and Congress are going…

2 Likes

Nahhhhhhhhh…I’d rather look at all the weak lib “likes” on your post asking me to. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

I’ve got to run now…and go to the very front line of our economy…and stimulate it. Have fun and…AND…a super, duper, Trump double scooper day.

And as usual, just run away rather than comment on the topic.

8 Likes

Honestly, they know they can’t defend this while holding on to the conservative principle of a small centralized government that respects the rights of individual states. They’d rather have a big government that supplies everything that Trump demands.

3 Likes

Lol I was right.

4 Likes

Given the precedent of the Fed’s abuse of the Interstate Commerce Clause, yeah, he does.

2 Likes

And yet… you show no proof.

“Men of factious tempers, of local prejudices, or of sinister designs, may by intrigue, by corruption, or by other means, first obtain the suffrages, and then betray the interests of the people." James Madison - The Federalist No. 10

Prescient.

3 Likes